Preliminary Numbers

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Well, we got a shot of warmer air so we were able to open the shop doors and finally get some initial numbers. We made several pulls but the car was breaking up after 5800 RPM's. It turns out it was spiking rich at that point causing the engine to bog. Then the dyno wideband plug broke (I have one in the car but since the set-up is all new, he felt it best to wait and use the one on the dyno first).

With 9 lbs boost, the car made:
501rwhp@5800 RPM's SAE
477rwtq@4600 RPM's. SAE
A/F was a rock solid 10.8:1
93 octane pump gas

The brief set-up is:
MMR Street Mod 900 engine, 4.6L
Stock heads/cams
Shorter runner stock intake by na svt
HP Turbo kit (what's left of it) with twin 46 trim turbos
120 lb/hr injectors
Abaco 85mm digital programmable MAF
Full exhaust with cats and no mid pipe
Tuned with AFM PMS

My tuner expects it to easily make 540rwhp+ at 6800 RPM with the 9 lbs especially since that's where this intake really shines. I attribute the good numbers to the intake na svt made and the tuning ability of Jim at Turbo Connection. I have larger 60 trim turbos waiting to go on too once I max out these little peashooters, lol.

I'm really impressed with the way the exhaust sound turned out. I'm real particular about how a car sounds and after a lot of reaseach, I think it sounds mean. This car has basically been totally re-built. It was trashed when I got it. I'll post details of the project in a different thread once everything is completely done. Thanks go out to Jim at Turbo Connection for building and tuning the car.

More numbers to come!

Last edited:

Toasty

Established Member
"but I heard MMR sucks, how could you make good solid numbers like that? You must be lying..."

lol, seriously gratz. My comment above is directed at those that have been spreading rumors about MMR that they have been unable to substantiate. Check in with us in 6 months and let us know how that 'lemon' shortblock is holding up.

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Ha ha. Thanks. The car has had many issues but I must say, the one thing that has been good is the engine and the heads they did a valve job on. No complaints here and they will be fine.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Oh, one other mod I wanted to mention is that I am running the relatively new Abaco digital programmable 85mm MAF. It is a very nice unit and I even utilize it's built-in IAT sensor since I had nowhere to put mine. Car runs like stock so far but it's not done being tuned yet.

Users who are viewing this thread