Predator Dyno Number - hot off the presses

2MuchHP

Established Member
Well I made it to the dyno this morning after installing the predator and my 2.90 RR Pulley, anyway let me know what you think of the numbers..... the dyno shop gave me printouts and a blank disk so they are e-mailing the files to me and when I get them I will post the graph's.

My Performance Mods:

2.90 RR Pulley
740 Gates
K&N 2003 Aircharger
Borla Stinger
Diablo Predator - Pully Tune

ALL NUMBERS ARE SAE

Run 1
RWHP: 455.9
TORQUE: 473.1

Run 2
RWHP: 452.6
TORQUE: 473.4

Run 3
RWHP: 452.2
TORQUE: 466.9

AF was Lean on the first run but the guys in the shop thought something went wrong or "came off" during the pull. The 2nd and 3rd runs the AF was good 11.2-11.8 range I believe, I will post the actuals this afternoon.

315 Nitto's go on this afternoon and saturday is track day!

lethal

Established Member
Those numbers look right, bet it made a world of difference driving to the shop! Was this done on a DynoJet dyno?

John

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by 2MuchHP
...snip...
My Performance Mods:

2.90 RR Pulley
740 Gates
K&N 2003 Aircharger
Borla Stinger
Diablo Predator - Pully Tune

...snip...

Is that catback only, still factory cats????

Those numbers are VERY NICE:thumbsup:

Wonder what mine are right now

I have 2.76, Bassani catted X and catback and 9" conical with full heat shield, also running the "pulley tune"

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Nice numbers just to double check this was done with the pullie tune and not sure if you can but no other modifcations done to the tune itself

Jeff

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
You got almost exactly the same #'s I did when my guys tuned mine. 455 with a lean tune, 452 with a safe one. (close TQ nos.) I've got a Diablo Chip.
4# pulley, open element air, Bassani catback, (stock cats).

Nice to know you can get custom chip results without risking your warranty.

2MuchHP

Established Member
re

God i wish the ywould send me the graph's... if they don't send them today I will post them tonight.

1) Cat back only exhaust - I have the stock cats and h pipe.
2) It was on a dynojet (livernois motorsports)
3) This is the 'stock' diablo predator pully tune, no modifications made to it at all.

I thought the horsepower number was a bit low, hoping I can get it up a bit with some custom tuning from my predator dealer.

BOOOOST

Established Member
Re: re

Originally posted by 2MuchHP
I thought the horsepower number was a bit low, hoping I can get it up a bit with some custom tuning from my predator dealer.

LOW??? That's above average for your given mods, and you should be estatic about them (see how everyone is reacting on here? They are like "wow!"), especially with having the factory h-pipe/cats!!!

sfkarp

Established Member
I am so glad you posted this. I bought a Predator in Bowling Green and have the same setup as you (a 2.90 and Borla Stinger ). I am trying to get a dyno and will post it when I do.
If my results are as good as yours, I will be very happy.

trey193

Established Member
So you guys are only seeing a couple of H/P difference between lean and Rich A/F's? How lean are we talking? Also how much timing does the pulley tune with the predators have?

lethal

Established Member
I'm going to dyno on a Dynojet to check my numbers, as I was at 363/360 stock. But as Nick (Diablo) told me... he's basically saying with the 2.8, predator, catback and some sort of high flow filter, you should see 100-105hp and 100-120ft-lb tq! Of course, the numbers in my sig are for a Superflow, not Dynojet. I think a leaner tune is really available (if you want it) by just adjusting your tune on the Predator for racing (WOT tables), the rest of the time use the stock pulley tune. I think I'll be in the 460-470 range, when I get a chance to run over to Steeda I'll let you know.

John

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
How much does the Diablo Predator cost and is it really warranty safe? Also, is it easy to use? BTW awesome numbers - consider that shoud be at at least 500 crank HP.:D

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
alright 2 questions. 1.) whats the diff. between a superflow and a dynojet? and 2.) how is the predator warranty safe? it just flashes the computer and you can return it to stock? whats the whole deal with this thing?

Users who are viewing this thread