Precision TT ls3 c6 Vs Late Model Restoration "Slayer" built ZL1, 700+hp Grudge Match

Chaney5.0

TT c6 Corvette Built by a very close friend and hard ass worker starting his own shop Hp Unlimited

Vs LMR built ZL1

Both pushing around 700+WHP

The grudge match is going to continue for sure because I need better footage... They completely LEFT my ass...

[youtube_browser]MSPEyGvwK0w[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Surprised it was that close considering they're both pushing around the same hp, but weight and aero favoring the vette big time.

Chaney5.0

Surprised it was that close considering they're both pushing around the same hp, but weight and aero favoring the vette big time.

Vette is Auto :)

Zl1 has WAY better gearing out of the whole with 3:73s or what every they come with stock. Vette has 2:56s

Also Zl1 being super charged the power is right there the second he hits it. Vette has to build all the way to 10 pounds so when they hit it he has a lot of coming back to do. If they kept on 140+ the vette would destroy him but they stopped around 145 or so.

HolyShiznit

Established Member
...with the right stall/brake boosting the positive displacement vs turbo argument goes out the window. It was a rear mount so it might extra laggy in transitive boost but its auto so that goes out the window too. If they are both truly the same power then props to the ZL1 as those are heavy pigs usually.

nonliberal

Established Member
May want to blur or blackout the license plate since the video says it was entering Houston. Just to keep folks out of trouble.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
That sure was a long video... You should appease the other guys and post this in the road kill section saying you walked both of them.

Chaney5.0

...with the right stall/brake boosting the positive displacement vs turbo argument goes out the window. It was a rear mount so it might extra laggy in transitive boost but its auto so that goes out the window too. If they are both truly the same power then props to the ZL1 as those are heavy pigs usually.

The gears makes a huge difference if you cant read prior posts. The Zl1 has a stall. The vette does not.

With the right tuning and setup the rear mount can be a pretty good design. Yes a front mount setup is right. But you go ahead and cut up and ruin a c6 that you are wanting to trade in down the road just to fit a single turbo set up.

C6 2:56 gears, no stall, Auto
Zl1 3:73s, and manual.

NOT only that, the c6 is on street tires. PURE street all season tires. The Zl1 is on Nitto Drag radials.

The c6 also has a FULL system that include a huge trunk box with 3 10s.

Last edited:

SnotRod

Established Member
They are a big named company based out of Houston that build some of the fastest Zr1s and Zl1s around.

It's late model racecraft (LMR) rookie!! Just a FYI. Good runs but for future sake please have a faster camera car or put the go pro on one of the cars thats racing.

cam346

Established Member
The gears makes a huge difference if you cant read prior posts. The Zl1 has a stall. The vette does not.

With the right tuning and setup the rear mount can be a pretty good design. Yes a front mount setup is right. But you go ahead and cut up and ruin a c6 that you are wanting to trade in down the road just to fit a single turbo set up.

C6 2:56 gears Auto
Zl1 3:73s, stall, and manual.

NOT only that, the c6 is on street tires. PURE street all season tires. The Zl1 is on Nitto Drag radials.

6-speed zl1 have 3.73 auto have 3.23

Chaney5.0

It's late model racecraft (LMR) rookie!! Just a FYI. Good runs but for future sake please have a faster camera car or put the go pro on one of the cars thats racing.

If you look at the video discription I have it correct. I just got off of work and accidentally put restoration... jesus birth a damn liberal why don't you.

Read the above comments please. I had footage of the event. If you look at the Zl1 there is a go pro mounted. Sumbitch fell off and broke at around 150 or so and lost all the data etc. This is the best I had. It's more for the fun of Holly crap they left me like I was standing still.

Like I said they are going to run again. It's just hype. This time there will be two cameras on the vette, and hopefully the suction cups don't fail this time. I honestly think it is because of where we mounted them the wind was way to much for the Zl1 as he was getting up there in speed and the wind just goes over the roof so fast with so much force.

Last edited:

Chaney5.0

C6 2:56 gears,no stall, Auto
Zl1 3:73s, and manual.

6-speed zl1 have 3.73 auto have 3.23

haha yea I corrected it. I was REALLY tired just got off work when replying. How would that car have a stall LOL. I get things backwards and wonky when I'm half asleep. Meant to put "no stall" on the vette description. When I was replying to the other post :beer:

Didn't even know you could buy an Auto Zl1... That's crazy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread