pre ordered the new MGW shifter

charged87

Established Member
Was on the phone with George from MGW and was about to order one of his shifters until he mentioned that they have a whole new design which replaces the center arm and eliminates that sloppy play once in gear. Has anyone else ordered one? He mentioned the end of the month should be ready for shipping them out, seen some pictures of it and by the looks of it I'm sold.

Last edited:

charged87

Established Member
I was told 425-450 range but he did mention about a credit of I think $100 to past customers that just bought the old version.

charged87

Established Member
IMG_256945868706106_zpsvnr7tn5t.jpg
URL=http://s206.photobucket.com/user/87331ysi/media/IMG_135835142349721_zpshn7dng4q.jpeg.html]
IMG_135835142349721_zpshn7dng4q.jpg
[/URL]

charged87

Established Member
He also mentioned it has a fixed shifter adjustment no more turning the handle for throw adjustment.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I soon as you guys start posting some good reviews I'll be ordering. Only complaint I have about my car is the sloppy shifting, did the mgw improve over stock, sure but it needs to be improved. Glad to see George is taking the time to improve on an already good product. Not having to adjust the throw will take the guess work out of it as well.

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
Wow that is nice.....looks like a piece of artwork. I'll definitely be interesting in upgrading my MGW shifter to this version when the reviews come out too

1320 Junkie

Established Member
If I didnt have plans of going to the magnum XL this winter I would consider it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If I didnt have plans of going to the magnum XL this winter I would consider it.

Tell us more about the Magnum XL. I read in a thread a good while back that the shifter doesn't sit in the while properly and the tunnel requires some "massaging."

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Interesting looking upgrade. Curious to see user feedback once they are released.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
How hard is this to swap on a 2011?

Not hard at all really. When I did mines, I was on my buddies, lift, I dropped the DS, and basically took care of it. The biggest issue I had was getting the retaining bolt out of the shifter lower ball that connects it to the linkage.

The new shifter does look quite nice though. Will be interesting to read the reviews exp when compared to the current MGW for the Shelby.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Tell us more about the Magnum XL. I read in a thread a good while back that the shifter doesn't sit in the while properly and the tunnel requires some "massaging."

Magnum XL is the shizzy. Night and day from the 6060. Direct mount shifter with no linkages. I have one in my Shelby and have no complaints. I did not have to massage the tunnel at all. The only small issue was the shift boot was a little tight when in first gear. Missed shifts are very rare with the Magnum XL. I bought mine from D&D transmissions in Texas. JPC sells them too.

Users who are viewing this thread