Praise to HP turbos and Modular powerhouse

smashedheadcat

Established Member
You're welcome mineral. I'll help in any way I can.

Here's my numbers: HP Twin 50mm kit
8psi 494rwhp 494rwtq 17-18 deg timing 10.0-10.5 a/f
12psi 560rwhp 570rwtq spinning horribly on the dyno when the boost hits (4.30 gears)

I'm in Iraq now, but I'm gonna put some 3.55's in there to keep the turbos loaded. And my turbos spool very quickly.

vnmous04

Established Member
Dude that sounds great. I am really interested in hp as well. But I also have alot of questions. How high can you push useful boost. On pump gas and race gas. Numbers,numbers and more numbers. I wanna see alot of everyones hp numbers..

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Mike Palugi is pushing over 800 to the wheels safely and running 9.60's i believe. i mean how much faster do you really wanna go with a street car???? And yes i do need a solid axle and i expect deposit into my account tomorrow for my tax return and we're going to do some business. I would have taken out of my other account, but the woman decided it's time to get married so with a mutual agreement and no proposal and ring shopping this weekend now that money is spoken for. :: shrug :: oh well. I DEF. want and NEED that rear end. I have to have it done and in by may for fun ford cause i'm looking to get some attention and try to get a photoshoot. I know they already have one or two turbo cars showing up....but they have to out drive me.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
did you have a tensioner on your blower? Does that stay or does the kit provide something to run the belt correctly? I have stock idlers and a 91 mm tensioner

smashedheadcat

Established Member
All I have is the lower pulley, one idler (next to the lower pulley on the driver's side), the alternator and the stock tensioner. That's how I have it. I removed the blower, and 2 idlers pullies.

Blown02

Established Member
Hey man, everything is going well with my car. Theres a couple of things I have to get for the front end (sway bar relocate kit, bumpsteer, etc.) to fix that little problem with the hp kits.. Im sure you read about it on MPH forum.

I would still like to meet up with ya so you could check these things out, man the sounds that this kit makes is amazing, I scare people everywhere I go. The wastegates are SOOO loud!
Here were my numbers, MPH had to stop the pull at 6300rpms, because it was out of fuel, it wouldve made alot more. It also has stock 01 cobra heads, cams, intake, and throttle body and running 10.6-12.1 a/f. Still is returnless style, with only 60lbs, bap and dual cobra pumps and tank.
20psi race gas 751rwhp/768rwtq
10psi-mid 500rwhp
15psi pump-633rwhp/641rwtq
18psi pump gas-684rwhp/695rwtq
20psi pump gas-715rwhp/733rwtq
With more rpm 15psi, Tim said 15psi would go well over 650rwhp, and on 20psi and more rpm and fuel it would go past 800rwhp.
Tim also gave me a cold weather tune, which I recommend due to recieving more boost in the cold. It basically has no timing.

Ive got a completely built rearend, steeda weight jacker lowers, and hardcore uppers I need to put in. But I would really like to have a turbo 400, and run some low 9s.

Traction is horrible, it spins these 315 drag radials like theyre 15in. v6 wheels in 3rd and 4th gear at 10psi. You really have to get used to feathering through the throttle and not loosing the boost due to load.
all of the pump gas tunes are only reved to 6400rpms.

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
We're going to be at the lakefront on sunday. Probably around 3 in the afternoon. I got the tracking numbers from HP today and kit FINALLY went out today. So next weekend is going to be jam packed with lots of work. Then in 2 weeks i'm gonna take a drive up to modular and get tuned. I'm going to let a guy down here do a base tune so i can drive it. But i won't be WOT full redline pulls until i get to modular powerhouse. Started cleaning the garage yesterday. Gotta make room to pull my car in. Since i'm about finished construction on the house i guess i can get rid of the crap in there. Anyone have a breakdown of what comes with this kit? What does it come with as far as fuel. I didn't delete anything and i know it has the 60lb inj.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
That is the plan LOL. Don't know why i'm doing it because no one is racing. Tracking packages for my kit and guess when delivery is scheduled. ***KIN TUESDAY. Mardi gras. So i have to go sit at my office in the morning and wait for this crap to come in. Of all the luck. Clutch and input shaft are on the way, and i'm working a deal with tide for a solid axle. I started to order my welds last night but they're just damn expensive. Once these 3 home loans i'm working close i'll be able to finish everything off and be ready for fun ford. My boy got his twin 67's from hp yesterday. Those fricking things are HUGE. His boost controller back ordered though and if mine did too imma be PISSED and tell em to scrap it delete it give me my money back and order the turbo smart guage like smashed head cat has. Also ordered fuel rails wideband guage and another oil pan. Everything should be here by wednesday so wed. night it's time to get to work. Hopefully next sunday i'll start it up and drive my happy ass to the lakefront. Speaking of that who's down for some lakefront tomorrow? Weather is supposed to be nice and i'm down for some relaxation.

Last edited:

NOMANIAC3

Established Member
whatup brian you got those twin you know twin means win you go brother.our terminator are the shit kickazz at funford weekend ill be there an the crew

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
If you want to go with a TURBO 400 let me know I can let ya know about all the parts you'll need to do, and you won't regret it!!
It has to be the best way to go by far, now I am looking into getting a gear vendor for mine so I will have 6 spds, I have a list of all the parts you need, and know where you can get core TH400's real cheap, so you can rebuild it to your needs, or just go throught www.rosslertrans.com he is the master of TH400's he has 6 second street cars with the tranny I am running, its indestructable, plus hes a real nice guy to deal with :rockon:
let me know man

Blown02

Established Member
i wanted to go with a turbo 400, but then found out that a new turbo 400 with all new parts to do the swap +labor would be high $6,000.. a gear vendor..those are like 2500 installed.. sorry I dont have that kinda money to throw at a tranny.

but they are badass!

Tide612

Banned
if you want to get a th400 you need to get on a rockcrawler board something like pirate4x4.com because they sell th400's for dirt cheap. They are built tough to handle the abuse that crawlers throw at them. A friend of mine bought one for 1000 and with the extra parts that he added it ended up being 1600 installed. Just FYI

Users who are viewing this thread