Praise to HP turbos and Modular powerhouse

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I just want to give notice for when and where it's due. I was very skeptical to give a company $8,400 for a power adder and then sit around and wait 6 months for it to be built and delivered. I read horror stories one after the other about the wait and problems peope had with turbo companies. I researched for about 2 months before i decided who to go with. I found Numerous videos of HP kits and write up after write up of people making GOBS of horsepower. A friend informed me that he just ordered his hp 67mm kit for his seriously built 2v from modular powerhouse. Modular is a big distributor of their kits and they get a little bit of special treatment. When i initially contacted MPH they were very helpful with gettin me what i wanted to know. Well i made my purchase for HP's twin 57 kit with no deletes upgraded billet BOV's and electronic boost controller. I was told he wanted to have it complete and on it's way in 6 weeks. Kit was done in 5 weeks and i've verified with Jet hot that it was complete and with random calls to hp to verify completeness. I made them read back to me shipping addresses they had to confirm them correct because i've read of shipping issues. This was a very pleasant transaction and i just wanted to give credit where it's due because it seems like hp has stepped up to the plate with introduction of all the new kits and modular powerhouse is a quality company to do business with.

All my research was previous to the recent explosion of THP kits. Looking forward to seeing some of these monsters on the road, like postban and niels04. Get those beasts together and lets make some videos. My parts should be here thursday and if it wasn't for mardi gras down here i'd have it done next weekend. I'll have pics and a startup vid hopefully in 2 weeks. Gotta get the partying out my system. :pop:

Oh yeah....thanks smashedheadcat for your help and info.

TRBO VNM

good deal man. I have never heard anything negative about HP. The only 2 issues I have heard about are waiting time for the kit to be made and the oil drain back. glad things are moving forward and we will have another beast amongst us. keep us posted. :beer:

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I almost went the hellion route also. Friend of mine used to race renegade and knows urist. Nice numbers. I hope to have the rear end and fuel system done with the turbos for fun ford down here. Everyone needs some more videos. I'm glad they made this forum sub section.

TRBO VNM

0mineralgrey3 said:
I almost went the hellion route also. Friend of mine used to race renegade and knows urist. Nice numbers. I hope to have the rear end and fuel system done with the turbos for fun ford down here. Everyone needs some more videos. I'm glad they made this forum sub section.

I am heading to the dyno again next weekend, but a different one than I was at before. I am going to try a different tune and see if I can get the boost up some.

- Aj -

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase! I have only heard/read good things about HP as well. I can't beleive now many turbo cobras are popping up now.
Yes I am envious....I look forward to your install.

:beer:

- Aj -

Established Member
I was just reading one of the members, I beleive it was HellionCobra or something, had full boost at 3k rpm, which is pretty quick. I beleive he has twin 67mm's.

TRBO VNM

- Aj - said:
I was just reading one of the members, I beleive it was HellionCobra or something, had full boost at 3k rpm, which is pretty quick. I beleive he has twin 67mm's.

no sorry. Devon(Bayareacob04) has a hellion with a single 66mm on it. makes full boost at 3k. hellion is a single kit only and goes up to 76mm at the moment. HellionCobra and myself have the 76mm and I see full boost at 3800-4k. With an electronic boost controller you can get them to spool faster as well.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
What is the max boost you guys are pushing on pump gas and what kind of numbers are you putting down on pump?

I am really thinking about scrapping the KB.
-Mike

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
Nice to hear everything is going good with your build. My kit is for the most part done also...I can't wait to get it installed. Can you say Mystic sleeper!

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
a guy i know down here with a 57mm kit made way into 600's on pump gas
i beieve he made 750 on pump gas. Turbos are the way to go. Kenne bell was an option of course but i just had it with belt slip so now i'll work on tire traction.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
LOL...i heard about his traction issues. We won't be wide open next to each other for awhile....no quarter panel smashing going on. As for contact info go to hpturbos.com and the contact info is on there and ask for nathan. But i recommend going through modularpowerhouse to get your kit. There is no mark up and your dealing with a distrubutor that has more pull than the average joe. I still want to check out austins car. Hope everything is still going good.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
0mineralgrey3 said:
LOL...i heard about his traction issues. We won't be wide open next to each other for awhile....no quarter panel smashing going on. As for contact info go to hpturbos.com and the contact info is on there and ask for nathan. But i recommend going through modularpowerhouse to get your kit. There is no mark up and your dealing with a distrubutor that has more pull than the average joe. I still want to check out austins car. Hope everything is still going good.

Thanks a million.

Brian did you used to ever come out to the southshore lakefront before the hurricane? I'm sure we have met at some point, I used to live uptown off of Webster. Hibernia transferred me to Houston 11 months ago. I swear I have seen your car driving down St. Charles.

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I don't think so. I'm always at the lakefront on the southshore. Used to live there on sundays. Nothing else to do around here.

Users who are viewing this thread