PPRV run lean?

Fender34

Established Member
Just got done installing the PPRV delete kit in my car. I didn't zip tie the hoses to the pumps because it wasn't that long. Put it back in and car runs great. My question is, because I didn't zip tie them, could I run into problems? If there are kinks or splits, is there a way to tell or will you just run lean and eventually melt a piston? Any input would be great!

46stang

Established Member
not sure on the lean part? As long as the rubber hose is the submersible high psi type and isn't rubbing on any sharp edges it should be fine.

Fender34

Established Member
Ya it's the gates hose 30r10 so it is the right one. Thanks for the response man, I don't think it is rubbing in anything in the tank, it went in the tank easy. Any one else with this mod have any input?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Looks good to me. Data logging fuel pump parameters will turn up any possible failures in the future.

Mine is still holding changed in 2006, with the same Gates hose, except I also got rid of all the ribbed OE stuff.

Fender34

Established Member
Thanks Jimmy! My FPDC is still in the clear with my BAP set at 25. I might drop it and replace the other two stock plastic ones soon just to be safe, just hope it doesn't kink at all.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Thanks Jimmy! My FPDC is still in the clear with my BAP set at 25. I might drop it and replace the other two stock plastic ones soon just to be safe, just hope it doesn't kink at all.

I would leave it. Un disturbed ribbed OE fuel hoses are quite reliable. They tend to fail when they are removed and reused.

Users who are viewing this thread