PPRV delete how to

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
Anyone have a list of parts I'll need? I kinda wanna know what I'm getting into before I drop the tank.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
took a couple pics while messing with the tank today:

2006-0808-cobra-pump4-800.jpg

2006-0808-cobra-pprv6-800.jpg

2006-0808-cobra-pump7-800.jpg

here is the 10Ga wire "T" splice into the brown pink wire to lower amp draw, splatter guard, heat sinks (aligator clips) attached and ready to solder....
2006-0808-cobra-splice5-800.jpg

...where is the solder gun, Damn no solder gun.. crap! another delay, oh well.

you don't have to do that much I'm just doing from the Y to hat.

Last edited:

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
Fuel Tank Removal and Installation
Notes

REMOVAL

WARNING:

DO NOT SMOKE, CARRY LIGHTED TOBACCO OR AN OPEN FLAME OF ANY TYPE WHEN WORKING ON OR NEAR ANY FUEL-RELATED COMPONENTS. HIGHLY FLAMMABLE MIXTURES ARE ALWAYS PRESENT AND MAY BE IGNITED, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN PERSONAL INJURY.
FUEL SUPPLY LINES ON ALL VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH FUEL INJECTED ENGINES WILL REMAIN PRESSURIZED FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME AFTER ENGINE SHUTDOWN. FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE MUST BE RELIEVED PRIOR TO FUEL SYSTEM SERVICE TO PREVENT POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY OR A FIRE HAZARD.
Disconnect the battery.
Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Drain the fuel tank.
Raise the vehicle.

Remove the filler pipe bolt and disconnect the filler pipe hose connections to the fuel tank.

Disconnect the fuel tank electrical connector.

Disconnect the vapor tube fitting at the left front of the fuel tank.

Disconnect the EVAP canister tube and hose.

Place a safety support under the fuel tank.

Remove the front bolts from the fuel tank support straps and swing the LH strap out of the way.

Remove the RH fuel tank support strap bolt and remove the strap.
Partially lower the fuel tank and disconnect the fuel line.

Cut outer edge of pipe-to-tank grommet to facilitate pipe removal and carefully remove the grommet from the fuel tank. Take care to avoid damage to the filler pipe check valve. CAUTION: The filler pipe grommet must be removed prior to removing the fuel tank from the filler pipe or damage to the fill tube check valve will occur.
Lower the fuel tank from the vehicle.

INSTALLATION

To install, reverse the removal procedure. CAUTION: Lubricate the filler pipe check valve area and the tank-to-filler pipe grommet with Serfactant prior to assembly or damage to the filler pipe check valve will occur. NOTE: A new grommet must be used for the installation procedure due to its destruction during removal.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
$75 seems a little high for those parts if you ask me

I put the kit together my self and it's really not a bad price.. I got my hose for 15 a foot and it still cost me 51 for the kit. I only got it for 15 because the girl didn't know how much to charge, but the I got charged freight b/c they didn't have the parts there Some people have been charged as much as 30 for a foot of the stuff.

2 pieces of hose @ 15-30 a foot - $30-60
6 clamps @ 2.50 - $15
1 Y at 2 - $2
Ship charged by NAPA - $4
Total --- $51-81

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
wow. awesome. thanks for the input!!!:thumbsup:

What is the solder connection for? is it necessary?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread