PPRV Delete for Dummies [HD Vid : Step by Step]

Silverboost

Established Member

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
It's a special kind of hose that is made to be submerged in gasoline. I read that someone pieced this together and it cost almost the same. Save yourself the trouble and order the kit, IMO.

black 10th vert

Established Member
The hose is Gates 30R10 submersible fuel line, and is pretty expensive (I think around $20 per foot). You just need 2 feet or so, plus a plastic "Y" fitting, and hose clamps. You can save maybe $20-$30 by sourcing the parts yourself over buying a kit, but for most it probably isn't worth the hassle. There are threads if you do a search, which detail where to get the hose, diameter to buy, exact length, etc., if you want to source the pieces yourself.

I'm also curious about what someone else mentioned with regard to blowing the fprs. Anyone know if this mod helps, or hurts that issue?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice! Very helpful! Another video to add to my FAQ page. You know, instructional videos like this are extremely useful and in many cases can make a daunting job into not-so-difficult job because of the added detail. If done right, that is. And this one and the Eaton removal video were definitely done right. Got to love the HD format, too.

Oh, and I like the music. Easy on the ears and adds a sense of relaxation to what could be a challenging task for some. :)

daydark

Established Member
Thanks Bob

Oh, and at least you understand the reasoning behind the type of music I am using :D

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I did the modification and got the KB FRPS disk and put it in at the same time. No issues yet with blowing the FRPS.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Sorry if stupid question but what is the frps???And is it needed to install the pprv delete??

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
FRPS, fuel rail pressure sensor...it is near your fuel rail and the reason I mentioned it regarding the effects on it after the pprv delete install, because many people say that doing the pprv delete causes the fuel pressure to be a little higher which causes you to blow the FRPS, however, many people as the poster above, buy a little disc from KB to offset the pressure? I believe this is somewhat correct

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Is it possible for the tuner to take care of that hesitation. It's really starting to P me off.

I have heard it can be done. I dont have any evidence that it will totally rid you of the problem. Do a search on the PPRV, it has been beaten to death many times.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Sorry if stupid question but what is the frps???And is it needed to install the pprv delete??

FRPS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread