PPRV delete, as simple as it gets?

bmx9854

Established Member
Got everything apart and removed the PPRV. Started thinking why replace all the lines and make things complicated when I could just replace the PPRV with a stainless hose barb like this one
Straight-Coupling-4HFK4_AS01.JPG

Is there a reason no one has done this before? Saves a lot of time and money avoiding the bit of fabrication needed to add those submersible fuel lines (and pipe for the bends if you want). I'm gonna go for it unless someone has ran into issues with this.....

black 10th vert

Established Member
If/when I do mine, that is how I plan to do it, but I thought you needed a "Y" barbed fitting, not just a straight barb like that pic.:??: Yes, those corrugated hoses can split, but the other submersible crap can kink, blow off, etc., so there is a risk either way. There was a thread with a link for ebay awhile back where someone bought new corrugated hoses like the OEM ones to make their pprv kit from. That seems like the best way to go other than just putting in a new billet hat like the Fore.

TRBO VNM

yeah, pressure spikes, age, quality of fuel...it all deteriorates the lines over time. Putting new factory line in would be ok, but it will still be a matter of time before it has the same issues.

IMO, I would go with the hard line and sections of the submersible line and flare the hard line

Black Cobra

Established Member
I'm in the middle of modifying the stock fuel hat and mounting the GT pumps. Removing the PPRV in the process since I'm not even sure it is still functional. I got it mocked up using plastic elbows and the original Y; bit don't like the 90 degree bends. So I think I'm gonna order some Stainless Steel fittings tommorrow.

yhst-61017448649745_2165_84876

1/4 Barbed Stainless Steel U-Bend
yhst-61017448649745_2163_6543603

1/4 x 1/4 Barbed Stainless Steel Elbow

Users who are viewing this thread