Power to the Ground

Hillibilly Pony

Established Member
ok so i just got my first Terminator.

first question....preceded by a statement. This thing has plenty of streeet power at this point and i love it.

HOW can i modify the stock IRS to allow the power to stick. Through 3rd gear it has BAD wheel hop. i know this isnt news to most of you but any hep will be great. preferably mods that allow for future power levels to increase. Even in stock trim if all the power was to the ground it would be even more fun.

Last edited:

DT_C03RA

Established Member
Yes Sir, that and an IRS brace of some kind should do wonders for the rear.

Last edited:

DT_C03RA

Established Member
The IRS brace is a separate deal, but many manufacturers make them, like Billetflow, Steeda and others. The Billetflow one is very popular amongst the community.

Hillibilly Pony

Established Member
is there a tool for removal of these bushings that works for them all or are there 10 different tools. also with the shims that are included...do the match up one for one in replacement or is there some measuring that has to b done

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
is there a tool for removal of these bushings that works for them all or are there 10 different tools. also with the shims that are included...do the match up one for one in replacement or is there some measuring that has to b done

As an alternative, you can do just fine by using all poly bushings in the rear, despite what the poly-haters will tell you. I did my entire IRS with the Prothane kits (same as what MM sells) and my IRS is ROCK SOLID. You can also use the tool that removes the rear differential bushing to get the bushings out of the cradle and LCA's (although you have to drill holes in all the rubber).

For a street driven car (and a previous 20+ years of using poly), I have been very happy with my IRS - no hop at all. The MM/Prothane stuff is also much easier on the wallet if you decided delrin isn't for you. I'd avoid Energy Suspension bushings in the IRS since they are softer than Prothane, but there are many of us who still actually use poly with good results.

At least you are planning to do it right by upgrading the suspension FIRST before you jack up the power:rockon:

Hillibilly Pony

Established Member
yeah...this isnt my first rodeo with high Hp cars.....BUT this is a completely different animal on the street. whats the skinny on the Solid axle swap...pro/cons. is there s DR that fits on the stock rim and performs properly or do they need to be dropped down to a 15" rim for max performance

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
FTBR kit is the real deal! I installed mine myself last fall and transformed my car. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread