Established Member
I need some help guys.
Here's the skinny-98 BAB Cobra:
Bassani mids, catless x, welded in magna flows
4:10's
H&R springs
Bilsteins
Steeda Caster Chambers
(new in the box-wolfe racecraft double adj. upper and lowers without spring perch and double anti-roll bar and sper. bushing)

I am looking at a hp turbo kit, but I'm worried about spending tons of money. I want to keep this car nice and have a power adder that's safe on the stock bottom end. I'm looking for a car that drives well has about 450-500 rwhp and hooks decent on the street.

Should I go with a vortec-KB-turbo-or what??? I'm at a lost I don't know these 4V's like the 5.0's, what the crap should I do?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
450-500rwhp on a stock motor won't last to long.. well 450 might.. get a used procharger P1 or a vortech S trim kit on here used bolt it on and make 450rwhp and you'll be golden for a while.

mysteed

Established Member
Agreed. If you're worried about cost a used Vortech would be right up your alley. Make just under 450rwhp and run it till you can afford to go forged.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
A low boost turbo system is the way to go as it doesn't take hp to make hp, which means you can safely make more rwhp than with a supercharger. It will also provide a much more broad power curve than a centri. The On-3 system for a 99/01 can be modded to work and won't break the bank.

APMotorsports

Established Member
seems that there are not a lot of options out there for 96-98 cobras-either you go only bolt ons and short runner, use a vortec, or build a c-headed money pit???

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
seems that there are not a lot of options out there for 96-98 cobras-either you go only bolt ons and short runner, use a vortec, or build a c-headed money pit???

96-98s have as many options as the C headed guys, only the return on investment isn't as good.

Modding cars isn't exactly an investment so in that regard they are all money pits.

Users who are viewing this thread