Power for SVT Countour

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
I agree. If you want a drag car, the CSVT is not the car to use. It is without a doubt the worst car I have ever driven as far as off the line traction. From a roll is another story.

"so y cant a svt focus beat it?"

Because the CSVT is faster than the FSVT. Focus owners can flame on, but its true.

bullet 1

Established Member
what times are you guys with 2.5 motors running? And what do you have on the car? And i dont know if you guys handle better than us?????????

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
oh we will definately out handle you, I will start the flame war on that! Me driving my CSVT and you driving your SVTF. Pro drivers, I dont know

Last edited:

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
The quickest N/A 2.5 I believe is once again DemonSVT. IIRC, his most recent time was 14.5.

"And i dont know if you guys handle better than us?????????"

Handle, no. The FSVT is the best cornering car I've ever been in.

Last edited:

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Originally posted by bullet 1
what times are you guys with 2.5 motors running? And what do you have on the car? And i dont know if you guys handle better than us?????????

We can definately hold our own as far as sedans go, and a roadcourse race might be close, but the focus does have better suspension.

Power: We own the focus with our flat torque curve. The focus is rather peaky. :burn:

chknhwk

Which car is faster is BS if you don't preclude that with on the dragstrip or a road course. I've driven past several high horsepower RWD cars in my SVT Contour because it IS fast in the corners.
I didn't buy it for the drags though - that's where my Cobra comes in.

The SVT Contours are fast in the corners but the SVT Focus is sick!

RT: I've done the 3.0L conversion with headwork and full exhaust. I just ordered a chip through Streetflight and my friend is working on big bore butterflies - hopefully significantly cheaper than Sho Shops.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I disagree about the CSVT from a roll, I've always thought it was pretty weak there. A SHO will kill a CSVT from a roll (stock v stock)

The BigSHO

Established Member
I agree that CSVT is not a quarter miler. Neither is the SHO. You can spend tons of money on both and the results will be lame. Neither mods well and I tell all to save their money.

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
man if csvt's were rear wheel drive i would own one right now w/out a doubt, the only draw back to these cars is the fwd, and limited modification capabilities... i love the look, but wish they had better upgrade abilities... anyone heard of running 12's????

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
no 12s yet, but DemonSVT ran a 13.94 all motor (straight 3.0L) 12s will be hard, but I'm sure some turbo 3.0L or a built 3.0L with gogo juice will hit 12.9Xs within a year

Originally posted by gsx2hot4u
man if csvt's were rear wheel drive i would own one right now w/out a doubt, the only draw back to these cars is the fwd, and limited modification capabilities... i love the look, but wish they had better upgrade abilities... anyone heard of running 12's????

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Originally posted by gsx2hot4u

the modification possibilities are getting better though. We now have a turbo kit which many people including myself are running. Apparently we have some cams now too, although nobody has bought them yet and there has been to debate whether they are good grind or not. And I see 12s being broken into in the near future.

2000 SVTContour

speaking of traction, and getting the power to wheels...any luck with the Quaife limited slip differential for the CSVT? I know that the SRT-4 had a huge improvement and it was well received when it was included as standard equip for '04...no more wheel hop!!!.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I don't know if you gain a whole lot with straight line traction with the Quaife. I've noticed a worlds difference around corners though!

It does strengthen the tranny which always for a harder launch

chknhwk

I love my Quaife. Straight line acceleration you can't really put a whole lot down due to the FWD suspension design limitations but I have put down several 2.20 60' times at the track.
Now in turns I love putting the power down WAY before the apex and pulling myself out of turns. :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread