Power for SVT Countour

bullet 1

Established Member
:beer: Where is the best place for buying after market parts for these cars?
And what is the most power anybody has heard comming out of a N/A SVTC?

Alsom, does the chip really drop the 0-60 times from 7sec to 6.4sec?

Thanks,

Keith
SVT FOCUS:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rockon:

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
SPmotorsports.com, ctamotorsports.com, streetflight.com. There are more I cant remember. Check the main section of contour.org for a more complete list.

A chip, if bought from a good tuner will drop alot of time off of the 0-60 because the higher redline means you do not have to shift into 3rd to get to 60. If you get a chip, go with streetflight or fordchip.com since those seem to be the only two places that know what theyre doing when burning chips for contours. A chip should also be one of the last things you do.

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
yeah, as far as i know demon has got the most out of his n/a 2.5L svt. I know his official dyno was 192 fwhp, but hes added quite a bit more since then. Im sure hes at 200 fwhp by now.

I would get a chip from Street Flight. Ive seen nothing but good gains from people who have gotten a chip burned by them. The most variety of parts to buy I would suggest spmotorsports.com or batinc.net

chknhwk

Check out DemonSVT's true dual exhaust - best exhaust out there from what I hear.
I like my Brullen exhaust, however. I keep telling myself it's the second best as far as performance is concerned. :D You can get that through http://www.performancefords.com
Intake and other stuffs you should check out http://www.spmotorsports.com and http://www.ctamotorsports.com They will both take very good care of you.
For tuning contact Keith at Streetflight for a custom chip.

Good luck!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think everyone already hit the nail on the head with everything.

Fett

Established Member
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE
yeah, as far as i know demon has got the most out of his n/a 2.5L svt. I know his official dyno was 192 fwhp, but hes added quite a bit more since then. Im sure hes at 200 fwhp by now.

I would get a chip from Street Flight. Ive seen nothing but good gains from people who have gotten a chip burned by them. The most variety of parts to buy I would suggest spmotorsports.com or batinc.net
Hey I have a friend that has a 99 SVT and he is wanting to put the 3L upgrade and a turbo or a supercharger on it and he was wondering what kind of power you are putting to the ground and if you would suggest the turbo or the supercharger.
thanks

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yup......

As for the HP number....Warmonger (Tom) last I heard was making 300+fwhp with a stock 3.0L bottom end. I don't remember the PSI he's running as I'm not turboing my car so I don't pay much attention. Granted he has paid attention to every detail.

Last edited:

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Yup......

As for the HP number....Warmonger (Tom) last I heard was making 300+fwhp with a stock 3.0L bottom end. I don't remember the PSI he's running as I'm not turboing my car so I don't pay much attention. Granted he has paid attention to every detail.

5.75 psi :rockon:

chknhwk

Actually he upped it after upgrading to 00 pistons.

I'm dynoing 202 hp and 180 for torque with the 3.0L swap but the turbo kit is sweet!

wudekstyle

Established Member
CAN A SVT CONTOUR BEAT A INTEGRA GSR??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It depends on what the GSr and CSVT have done.....but stock for stock, 90% of the time yes it can. GSr's are nothing special. Not even Type Rs really...my friend had a Type R, a few mods, COMPLETELY gutted interior and was only running a 14.3 I believe. Now he has an S200 so I guess it's a different story....But generally speaking, yes a CSVT should theoretically beat a GSR. Unless the GSR is modded and CSVT is stock. Why do you ask? You seem a little frustrated like maybe you just got beat by one.....:shrug:
EDIT: Aaahhhh...I just read your post in the Focus forums, you seem a little edgy there.....chill a little.:beer:
I don't know about some of these supposed 14.6-.8 times being reported on lightly modded GSRs....Honda makes some pretty efficient factory components, I don't see how people are pulling THAT much power out of them with a few bolt ons. As one guy said in there, his friend has a bored out motor(usually you don't just bore it, if you go that far, more mods are assumed) and only pushing 205 hp....Granted, 205 is good, but all that and only a jump from the stock 170.....:sleeping:

Last edited:

wudekstyle

Established Member
so y cant a svt focus beat it?
I'm not going to get into this whole debate. I just tried to answer your simple question, I'm no expert on GSRs or FSVTs, nor CSVTs for that matter. All I can say is race and find out. If people have "seen" these intake/exhaust GSRs running 14.6s, then I give up and everything I said is null and void. The 92-93s "should" be the most dangerouds for their lower weight and same power, but there is not much aftermarket for the odd B17 used in those. Then the 96-00s jumped to the B18c1s which of course have a great aftermarket, but they are a little heavier. Either way, depending on the modifications done to either car, it would most likely be a driver's race I'm guessing. If you want a somewhat "mass" production car, with a great aftermarket get a GSR. If you want a "limited production" car with a decent aftermarket so far, go with the FSVT. If you want a "limited production", well handling sedan, with NO aftermarket, go with a CSVT.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Let me state the obvious, the car will never be fast at the track due to limited traction.

From a roll, the car can be fast if you can find traction. I dont want to start a war here but if I were wanting to buy a baseline car to make FAST, it would not be an SVT Contour. Thats just my opinion. For one, its FWD and there is nothing you can do without spending over $10,000 to make the car fast. Even the $6500 turbo kits, swaped piston tours arent in the 12's and barely in the 13's. Just something to think about, I just dont want you to be expecting something that will never happen. Of course, I have a different interpretation of fast since I do have a low 11 second 03 Cobra but still, without traction in the tour, it will not be fast and without traction, sometimes comes hop and then breaking parts, and it is just a mess. The SVT Contour is one hell of a daily driver and family car for the money though!

wudekstyle

Established Member
Even the $6500 turbo kits, swaped piston tours arent in the 12's and barely in the 13's.
With $6,500 you can get the kit and a 3.0l conversion. That will get you in the 13s, then up the boost and you'll be there. Warmonger (with a 3l and turbo) runs 13s all day with his car packed with everything he drives with and is rumored to be a granny shifter.....;-) I do agree though, if you want fast don't go with FWD anything. It all depends on your perception of fast. When comparing a GSR and a CSVT "strictly"in speed, they are close, but neither goes "fast". If you are comparing overall car, CSVT has WAY more room, handles better, and the Duratec will ALWAYS sound better than the B18. Everything is dependent on what you want in a car.

Users who are viewing this thread