Power by the Hour XBA elbow, KB 168mm TB and KB BAP install

Turbosnake95

Established Member
Power by the Hour XBA elbow, KB 168mm TB and KB BAP install UPDATE: Dyno Results

With the wrench light issue resolved time to install some goodies.

Installed the X.B.A. elbow and KB 168mm TB. Couple of the bolts were a pain to tighten.

image1_1.jpg

image2_1.jpg

Then went on to install the KB BAP.

- Used large violet wires with green stripe.
- Everything Soldered and covered with heat shrink.

Path of circuit:
[Fuse box with supplied 30a fuse] - [BLUE wire from BAP with 30a Fuse] - [BAP box] - [BLUE wire from BAP to Fuel pump controller #1]
[Fuse box with supplied 30a fuse] - [RED wire from BAP with 30a Fuse] - [BAP box] - [RED wire from BAP to Fuel pump controller #2]

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Black sheathed Wires for vacuum sensor, soldered both ends together.

image4.jpg

Black wire for ground connected to ground bolt in rear of trunk.

image3.jpg

:rockon:

Uploaded Lund initial tune. Car started right up and idled around 800 rpm. There was some noticeable back fire on decel with the initial tune.

Completed the two requested initial data logs and sent to Lund.

More to follow... :rolling:

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting in hearing the results. Do you have a baseline dyno before you completed these latest mods?

Turbosnake95

Established Member
Dyno results from 2013/10/19

Van's 13-6 setup: FR 65mm TB, JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Big Air Intake, 10% OD pulley, ARH Long tubes, Off road H Pipe, Lund tuned on 92 octane.

678rwhp
767 rwtq
Average A/F 11.6

DynoResults20131019.png

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are good numbers, I'm sure you will be well over 700whp

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
767 tq with the first set up will be hard to beat. 2800 to 3400 rpm, man, wish I had those numbers.

Turbosnake95

Established Member
Dyno Results Update.

The Bad news, Unfortunately I was unable to Dyno the car on the previous "Mustang Dyno" to compare to the results above as they went out of business.

The good news is that I also Dyno'd the car using a "Dynojet" during that same time period.

I went back to the Dynojet today to see the gains from the X.B.L. Elbow, KB 168mm TB, KB BAP, and updated Lund Tune.

BEFORE
Runfile_005 - 10/21/2013: 672 RWHP / 651 RWTQ

Ford Racing Dual 65mm TB
JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Big Air Intake
Innovators West, Inc. 10% OD Pulley
American Racing 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
3" Off Road H-Pipe
NGK TR6 Plugs
Lund tune
92 Octane Pump Gas

AFTER
Runfile_007 - 8/14/2015: 748 RWHP / 703 RWTQ

Kenne Bell 168mm TB
X.B.A. Elbow
JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Big Air Intake
Innovators West, Inc. 10% OD Pulley
American Racing 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
3" Off Road H-Pipe
NGK TR7 IX Plugs
Kenne Bell Comp Dual 20.0 Volts BAP
Lund tune
92 Octane Pump Gas

Total net gain of 76 RWHP and 52 RWTQ

961fe544-1b6d-4c29-97cf-8849e0ac3ad5.jpg

** Dyno shop was using their WBo2 sensor, my SCT logs show the AFR near perfect (11.5 AFR Average) using my two new NTK WBo2 sensors installed on the car.

:rockon:

Pro's: A huge power increase for such minor changes. Car runs great at all RPM's. Been daily driving it for the past week with no issues.

Con's: Noticeably more popping and crackling on deceleration type situations. Was informed by Lund that changes are made to decel spark to help control decel decay with the larger throttle body.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

HOLY CRAP!! THAT'S AWESOME!! XBA will hopefully be available again in another two to three weeks. You got one of the last two Turbosnake95

Turbosnake95

Established Member
HOLY CRAP!! THAT'S AWESOME!! XBA will hopefully be available again in another two to three weeks. You got one of the last two Turbosnake95

Huge thanks goes out to Van and Lund!

Next round of modifications sitting on the garage floor to get installed:

-Moser 33 Spine axles
-33 Spline Detroit True Trac
-4.10 Gears (REM Polished and Cryo Treated)
-9" Ends
-Weld the tubes

After that it will be time to upgrade the clutch, shifter and then work on upgrading the cooling system.

TVS VERT

Established Member
OP i really think you should consider porting that TVS i bet it makes 780 with a good port job. Food for thought excellent numbers and how do you like the drivability of the 168??? Mine is running better than stock

Van@RevanRacing

I would've thought you would be @ 700 w/ the initial setup.

The dyno runs are nearly two years apart. Not sure if that run in 2013 was data logged but I'd bet the car was pulling timing for heat or knock sensor activity. West coast 92 octane. Gotta love it. Not really but these latest numbers I know for fact the knock sensor was happy, happy and Lund Racing was impressed with the performance of this particular car as well.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The dyno runs are nearly two years apart. Not sure if that run in 2013 was data logged but I'd bet the car was pulling timing for heat or knock sensor activity. West coast 92 octane. Gotta love it. Not really but these latest numbers I know for fact the knock sensor was happy, happy and Lund Racing was impressed with the performance of this particular car as well.

It's definitely beast status now.

Turbosnake95

Established Member
I would've thought you would be @ 700 w/ the initial setup.

Yah... Pacific Northwest 92 Octane is not the greatest. Hopefully I will see E85 sometime in my near future.

I do not have data logs from the old runs, just the current ones. I have noticed that I usually dyno lower than most people on this board with similar modifications, it is what it is. I am very happy with the results nonetheless. Seat of the pants dyno could really tell the difference when I was doing data logs in Mexico.

TVS VERT:

I have seriously considered porting the stock blower, unfortunately this is my daily and anything I currently do to it has to be something that only takes a few days to do. Just to do this current round of modifications I took a week off work HA! As far as drive ability it does drive better than it did. As stated above the only thing I was not prepared for was the extra popping and crackling on the deceleration which is no big deal really.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Huge thanks goes out to Van and Lund!

Next round of modifications sitting on the garage floor to get installed:

-Moser 33 Spine axles
-33 Spline Detroit True Trac
-4.10 Gears (REM Polished and Cryo Treated)
-9" Ends
-Weld the tubes

After that it will be time to upgrade the clutch, shifter and then work on upgrading the cooling system.

Good stuff man glad to hear.
Seems like we have basically the same rear.
I'm picking it up at Team Z Motorsprts tomorrow at 9am, and I can tell you after bending 4 ARP wheel studs and flexing a welded axle, you will definitely want the 2 braces they built for my car that should be available.
Seems like 800ftlbs and 4000# is hard on parts.
Also seems like we got Vans last 2 XBAs!
Hoping to have data on that before/after upgrade as soon as I get the car back!
Really glad you're getting things figured out, I know it must feel good.
Did Lund ask you to use octane booster with that 92 piss until you get better octane?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yah... Pacific Northwest 92 Octane is not the greatest. Hopefully I will see E85 sometime in my near future.

I do not have data logs from the old runs, just the current ones. I have noticed that I usually dyno lower than most people on this board with similar modifications, it is what it is. I am very happy with the results nonetheless. Seat of the pants dyno could really tell the difference when I was doing data logs in Mexico.

TVS VERT:

I have seriously considered porting the stock blower, unfortunately this is my daily and anything I currently do to it has to be something that only takes a few days to do. Just to do this current round of modifications I took a week off work HA! As far as drive ability it does drive better than it did. As stated above the only thing I was not prepared for was the extra popping and crackling on the deceleration which is no big deal really.

I think BPS might offer a core exchange. Or you can buy a take off from Shelbys EBay store and send it out for porting to swap when you get it back.
My brother swapped on my ported TVS while the car stayed strapped to the Dyno.
Also you mentioned 11.5 on the logs, what does your dash gauge show? I'm hoping they are close.
-J

Turbosnake95

Established Member
Did Lund ask you to use octane booster with that 92 piss until you get better octane?
-J

No, but if I am going to run the car hard I will put something in for some extra protection as it can't hurt Ha!

For daily driving duty I will just run straight pump. Currently running Chevron, going to test some other brands out with Data logging. See if there is something better out there, least till I convert to E85.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread