Powder coated stock rims.

rem177

Established Member
someone with a silver L has some awesome lookin powder-coated rims they did themselves...i think its 203Cree but not sure. Im thinking about doing mine..im hesitant to do the generic black w/ black though.

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Should be getting mine back either today or tomorrow from the coater..will post pics asap..still need to paint the calipers though and bleed the brakes..if I can motivate myself tonight

HIGH VOLTAGE

Established Member
Here are my old wheels. I still have them for spares though.

DSC04381.JPG

30988-525-17054.jpg

Skrapmetal

Established Member
High Voltage, if you ever wanna sell those and have some plain stockers for spares... lemme know. ;)

Hard to find a powder coater around here worth a crap that doesn't want to give me the run-around.

HIGH VOLTAGE

Established Member
Skrapmetal said:
High Voltage, if you ever wanna sell those and have some plain stockers for spares... lemme know. ;)

Hard to find a powder coater around here worth a crap that doesn't want to give me the run-around.

What kind of tread do you have on your tires? The reason I ask is my powder coated wheels have almost new F1's on them and I am open for trades for some stock 01,02 wheels in like new shape with atleast %80 tred, plus a little cash for mine.

POP TOP

Banned
Hey HIGH VOLTAGE Where in KC can I get my powder coated at. I have been able to find anyone. Any help would be great.

HIGH VOLTAGE

Established Member
POP TOP said:
Hey HIGH VOLTAGE Where in KC can I get my powder coated at. I have been able to find anyone. Any help would be great.

This is the place I got mine done at. I had them hit the edge after they coated them with a sander and then I wet sanded the lip more when I got them home. $60 a wheel.

Mike

IHD Powdercoat Services
1201 Burlington
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Phone: (816) 221-9700
Fax: (816) 221-9701
Toll Free: (888) 646-3700

Skrapmetal

Established Member
HIGH VOLTAGE said:
What kind of tread do you have on your tires? The reason I ask is my powder coated wheels have almost new F1's on them and I am open for trades for some stock 01,02 wheels in like new shape with atleast %80 tred, plus a little cash for mine.

I wish I could. My tires are in great shape, F1's with only about 3k on them... but the wheels are another story.

The previous owner had an intimate relationship with curbs. Each wheel has a little curb rash on it, and I have to wonder if they're all original wheels or not since the truck's carfax has a tag on it about a "Serious" accident involving the truck and a curb. None of them look *that* bad, so I'm assuming it had wheels replaced.

Goes along with the cigarette burns on the weatherstripping and the handful of other little issues I've been fixing to try to get it back to mint.

203Cree

Established Member
I was gonna post a how to today, but I don't have my camera. It's really easy and I've been redoing them the last couple days. Let's just say they look hella better than they did. I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Skrapmetal said:

Where are you at in Iowa. I've got a local guy the does a good job powder coating up here. It's about $30 per wheel of single stage colors.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
ROADFOOLSRIDE said:
Where are you at in Iowa. I've got a local guy the does a good job powder coating up here. It's about $30 per wheel of single stage colors.

Des Moines. Does he do the prep work too (removing the existing paint)?

Users who are viewing this thread