Potentially good deal on 2003 Silver Terminator with 55k miles

VenomVeins

Established Member
Figured i’d pass along a potentially good CL deal near me on a Silver 2003 Terminator with 55k miles.

Car has a rod knock after being rebuilt 4k miles ago. Has a Kenne Bell and other mods on it. Pretty clean and he already dropped the price 1k within a 2 day period.

2003 Mustang Cobra Terminator 600hp

GodStang

Established Member

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
not really a good deal with a knock.....you'll still be in it for 18k I bet with 'hook ups' on rebuild / doing some labor yourself.

SHITLOAD of aggravation though.

I agree. Real world rarely works out like an episode of wheeler dealers, especially with these motors.

Palacios289

Established Member
this would only be a deal if you have a shortblock ready to build and your doing the wrenching yourself. I guess if you were looking to build a high compression block this Cobra would be good starting point if the rest of the car is cherry. Buying this you have to expect a engine rebuild. Its a fools errand to expect a timing chain issue or some thing simple.

Luis04R

Established Member
Owner says the motor was rebuilt fully 4k miles ago, any clue as to why he would spin a rod bearing (thats what he said a shop diagnosed)?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Owner says the motor was rebuilt fully 4k miles ago, any clue as to why he would spin a rod bearing (thats what he said a shop diagnosed)?

Severe knock, oil pump issue or poor assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread