"Potential tenant" busted bumper on driveway...legal issue.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Let me guess rice boy had a slammed CRX that was ohhh probably 3 different colors of matte spray paint and the pink,green,red or gold sprayed wheels? Typical.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I would text him that would need certified quotes from 3 shops. Make him do all that work and then bring them to you. Then laugh as you pull out a lighter and set them on fire, while still laughing.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I would call him back and leave a voice mail with uncontrollable laughter for about 30-40 seconds.

captain-insano-o.gif

Pretty much this!!!

I would text him that would need certified quotes from 3 shops. Make him do all that work and then bring them to you. Then laugh as you pull out a lighter and set them on fire, while still laughing.

This is just ****ing evil, i like your style.... Buahahahahabanahah!!

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Go out to your driveway and look for where his car scraped the concrete/asphalt. Call him and leave a voicemail saying you expect him to come and repair the small chunks of your driveway that his negligence caused.

Best reply in thread so far.

Then tell the guy to go pound sand.

cj428mach

Established Member
I should have thought of this. I haven't lower my Cobra for fear of scraping the car, I guess I should just do it and whatever damage I receive will be someone else's responsibility.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Quite the scam he has going.

So he basically wants $500 from you, most likely to pay the deductible on his insurance policy.

The he will scam his insurance company saying his Honda Vtec Mugen bumper cost thousands.

In return, he will put many more ill conceived parts on his POS.

As others have said, he can go pound rocks. I wouldn't even dignify his request with a response.

That's like me going to city hall and demanding cash because I curbed aftermarket wheels on their curbs,

Machdup1

Established Member
Provide no response... If he wants to force the issue, force him to incur costs through litigation. That should make that go away.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I called him back and got his answering machine and basically just told him very professionally that his situation was not my responsibility, that every other car that has entered the driveway that I'm aware of has never had an issue. I figured ignoring it would just result in more calls, and as though I was worried of guilt.
Then I told him that if he wished to proceed further that he should mail me a certified letter in regards to his demands and that if so wished he could file a claim against me in small claims court at a cost of $85 filing fee, because I would not be paying the damages. Either way, I'm not too worried any longer. I've discussed the situation with the neighboring landlord who said he actually had a similar situation a few years ago where a person's muffler wasn't secured properly and snagged the ground while backing out and he told them something similar to what I said. He agreed there was nothing to worry about, the drive is steep is abnormal compared to most other driveways and perhaps inconvient in the winter, but not unreasonable by any means.

In case anyone's curious, here's the property: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.699...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sXoA26oEDq0GZ513wecsSjw!2e0
It's the light blue house on the right. Kind of hard to see the slope from the front.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I called him back and got his answering machine and basically just told him very professionally that his situation was not my responsibility, that every other car that has entered the driveway that I'm aware of has never had an issue. I figured ignoring it would just result in more calls, and as though I was worried of guilt.
Then I told him that if he wished to proceed further that he should mail me a certified letter in regards to his demands and that if so wished he could file a claim against me in small claims court at a cost of $85 filing fee, because I would not be paying the damages. Either way, I'm not too worried any longer. I've discussed the situation with the neighboring landlord who said he actually had a similar situation a few years ago where a person's muffler wasn't secured properly and snagged the ground while backing out and he told them something similar to what I said. He agreed there was nothing to worry about, the drive is steep is abnormal compared to most other driveways and perhaps inconvient in the winter, but not unreasonable by any means.

In case anyone's curious, here's the property: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.699...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sXoA26oEDq0GZ513wecsSjw!2e0
It's the light blue house on the right. Kind of hard to see the slope from the front.

Doesnt really matter if its "reasonable" or not really. Its private property. He chose to drive onto it and obviously could see what he was driving his ridiculously low vehicle into. Its not like your gate fell over onto his car. What if he was visiting someones house who had a bumpy dirt road. Any "reasonable person" would park the skateboard and walk, leave or enter at their own risk to their property/car.
If it was a public parking lot then it would be a different story but they may still tell him to go pound sand if 99.99999999% of non-pos vehicles can traverse the driveway without falling apart.

Tell him he should have installed hydraulics in his hoopty, then he would have been fine

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just send him a hard copy of this thread. That should be enough for him to just move on. :lol1:

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
He lowered it.
He pulled in to the driveway.

Both of them are his own decisions.
Tell him to **** off.

Users who are viewing this thread