posting from Martin race

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
We are having partly sunny weather, cool temps, about 55-58.
Car show entries about half of last year.
Doug made us breakfast in the camper this morning.
We have had no rain at all, stupid weather guys.
Jeff Schmell just went 11.53 in his Mach1, currently #1 qualifier, keep fingers crossed for him.
Currently about 18-20 people here, plenty of workers, we are all rotating responsibilities every 2 hours,
Will post more later.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Cobrasized said:
Missing the fun!! How's it today weather wise?

Rained 3-4 times lightly then poured ice-rain-sleet for 20 minutes right at 2pm when we were doing the car show trophys. High was mid 40's today.

Through all that nasty weather we had members out in it, at the gate, helping with directing traffic and parking. Everyone pitched in and helped.

Thanks, great big DEEP thanks to members and families/friends that made the trip, helped out and benefitted the club. We made $508 dollars from your hard work and volunteering. The $8 is from selling eight bottles of STUF car care products in our booth.
We also got a very nice plaque of appreciation from NMRA.

I could go on but I'm just really tired of cars for some reason. Gonna go play with my kids that I've been missing for 3 days. :)

Jpjr

Established Member
Thanks for keeping us losers who were not around up to date. What was the final verdict, great turnout? Great time?

I've pitched a BBQ/mod party for next weekend. I'll fund it, families would be welcome. Then again, with all that's been going on I'd be willing to wait if people need time away from cars lol...

Blue03

Established Member
Tip of the hat to all those that made it. How did Jeff do?? I'm birthday partied out this weekend. I'll trade ya Dave. I will see everyone at one of the next bashes lined up.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Jpjr said:
...snip...What was the final verdict, great turnout? Great time?

...snip.....

Turnout of racers and fans was definetly low. I think NMRA may want to move events in Martin about one month later, up to them though.

Great time? Hey I got to see a jet car whiz past me at 10yards away doing 302mph and drink and bs with my good friends at two nice restaurants. Pretty good time.

Blue03

Established Member
I think the earlier suggestion of moving this event to a little later in the year would be a good one. The rainy/cool spell is upon us at this time of the year. I think Jeff will clean house if he can get a chance to race on dry pavement.........

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
The ride up to Martin is nothing for us guys from Chicago. Slightly over 2 hours. We will be back. Maybe we will even bring our Cobras. LOL! 4 Chicago guys who each own a Cobra and none of us brought them... A date later in the season would help a lot. You never know what the weather will be like in Michigan in April.

Did they ever race on Sunday afternoon? We left before the final decision was made.

The Sutton Ford/Sutton High Performance black '05 Mustang ran a 10.4 on Saturday. I believe it's the quickest 3 valve in the country? Sutton is 5 minutes from my house.

You guys who couldn't make it missed some awesome Alaskan King Crab legs. Dougie knows how to cook a crab. I was plannning on a burger or hot dog and I was thrilled to be getting 5 star seafood instead. :rockon:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
flyn high again said:
The Sutton Ford/Sutton High Performance black '05 Mustang ran a 10.4 on Saturday. I believe it's the quickest 3 valve in the country? Sutton is 5 minutes from my house.

Pauls High Performance tunes that car !

Randy@SuttonHp

Established Member
FS MACH 1 said:
Sutton High Performance tunes their own car. It was at Paul's for a roll cage and suspension work. If you have any doubts email me [email protected]

I am the tuner there (Jerry) and I will email pictures of us tuning the car. Don't run your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Randy@SuttonHp said:
Sutton High Performance tunes their own car. It was at Paul's for a roll cage and suspension work. If you have any doubts email me [email protected]

I am the tuner there (Jerry) and I will email pictures of us tuning the car. Don't run your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.

Damn...relax. Just a simple mistake. Don't have to be a$$hole about it.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
FS MACH 1 said:

Jeff,

Sutton has their own dyno and tunes using SCT. They are an in house performance shop that has the resources of a Ford dealer behind them. As Jerry said, they tune their own car [as well as many other Chicago cars]. Jerry is a car guy like the rest of us. I love talking with him about Project 505.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
That car was badass!
I was proud to see all the new Mustangs ripping up the 1320.
I'm sure FSMach1 saw the car at Paul's and he thought it was there for tunning.
Jerry relax this isn't about Tuner envy. Simple mistake.
We all know Sutton is a top notch facility with Great supporting staff.
To say he's running his mouth is outta line.
I would edit your post. And change your statement and just clarify the situation.

JP :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread