Post up your head units!!

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
I was looking into getting a 6.5" flip-out dvd screen from pioneer, so I was hoping to see what they might look like in the stang...so post 'em up!!

Thanks
Brent

02silver2v

Established Member
I was in the same boat as you about which flip up monitor to use. Alpine just came out with a Double Din DVD player for right about 1000 bucks. It is a gret unit. The deck fits so perfectly I have people ask if it is factory. This is just to give you another idea. Sorry it is not the best picture.

hiddenmeadows31ti3.jpg

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
Where did you go to get that Alpine?? I really like that!! I might have to spend a little extra and get it! Got any more pics?

TakeAwayTheFear

Stabbing the Drama
Established Member
02silver2v said:
I was in the same boat as you about which flip up monitor to use. Alpine just came out with a Double Din DVD player for right about 1000 bucks. It is a gret unit. The deck fits so perfectly I have people ask if it is factory. This is just to give you another idea. Sorry it is not the best picture.

damn dude Baller Patrol!!!:beer:

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
timpryor said:
14046d1154641745-pic-my-ms-new-booty-other-100_3847.jpg

the core of my audio system, and its the only thing that doesn't look stock when parked. which is nice since i want my stereo to be MY stereo

Does the flip out ever get on your nerves covering up the air controls?? I know that is a bit picky, but I want to be sure before spending that much money on either one!

Brent

02silver2v

Established Member
My buddy has the same exact deck as timpryor and that is the original one I wanted. I do see my buddy doesn't like how he has to drop the screen to get to the controls. After watching him flip up and down the screen I thought that I would like to not cover up the HVAC controls. That was just my personal preference though.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
02silver2v,

Does that Alpine unit of yours have the new i-pod direct link thing? :shrug: I just saw a new unit on thier site with a cool one cable link plug-n-play system... ;-)

02silver2v

Established Member
redocmach1 said:
i have the pioneer avchn1 but the mach is at home and i have no pics f it...looks real good though...lol

I used to have the Pioneer AVICN-1 as well in my GT. I liked it and it might of been an install issue but I had horrible feedback through the unit. I had the unit a total of like 30 days.

night13.jpg

02silver2v

Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
02silver2v,

Does that Alpine unit of yours have the new i-pod direct link thing? :shrug: I just saw a new unit on thier site with a cool one cable link plug-n-play system... ;-)

Yeah it is just a single cable that is like 30 bucks. It is a really really fast transfer to the headunit and you can search through songs better than any integration before it. I used to have the old Alpine iPod integration unit and it sucked. Took a million years to load the songs and search for them. This new cable is amazing.

jason2004gt

Established Member
02silver2v, is that the IVA-W200??? If so, that is the one that I am looking at gettin' for my stang! I work @ Sound Advice, so I can get it for about half that price!!!!! LOL!!! It still looks good none-the-less!

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
Well I went with the Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD...i ordered it today, I shouldn't have because it was too much money but oh well.....

h130AVHP680.jpeg

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
IMG_1232.jpg

Avic-N3
w/ ipod interface
Navi
Sirius Sat. Radio

Wouldnt trade it for the world. It covers up my ac controls but pioneer has this neat little button that i push and it tilts the screen and i can turn on the AC.

Users who are viewing this thread