Post Something Positive In Your Life

Zemedici

Established Member
This is rare and gives you a MAJOR upper hand in life as an adult. Congrats.. Im am blessed to have had the same.

My wife did not--came from broken family. We've been married for almost 22 years and she is so happy/thankful/cannot understand why. It's sad, actually when I think about her childhood.

My kids are all healthy and have 2 parents that love them more than life itself.

My wife came from a severely broken home, and sometimes it seems she doesnt understand 'how to process' the happiness. Its like its almost 'too good to be true' for her, which breaks my heart.

I'm glad my wifes parents had kids, so I could get to meet and cherish my wife forever. But holy shit, there should be some sort of aptitude test or something for kids. It blows my mind that just anyone can pop out as many as they want, without any 'standards' in place for 'How will they get fed / taken care of / etc'

I'm blessed that 2020 was the highest grossing year for me in my life, and I surpassed what it took my father 30+ years of hard work to achieve, all before I'm 30. Gotta keep going, onward and upward. Currently trying to find a business venture for both me and my wife to get into simultaneously. She's got the same ultra high standards as I do professionally, we work well together.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Its Friday, 3 day weekend. Positive
If my 2013 is still in the garage and hasnt sold, than I have to go into work for the week. Negative

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sometimes we take things for granted.

I've been very fortunate with many things. I'm thankful everyday for good health and the best friend/wife.

The winter months here in Minnesota are the worst for me. All my hobbies are summer activities.

Add tax season to the mix makes it tougher. My wife puts in 70+ hours a week. We don't see each other much from January through April.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Recently emerged from a divorce and bloody family court fight with sole custody. Was able to shield my son from most of the heat of the battle and get him out of a shit situation where he was living with two junkies (my ex and her dealer).

Became a millionaire (net worth) over the last couple of weeks. A lot of that is due to inflationary effects on my 401k, but it still feels good.

Had a shitty squeak in the suspension of my 14 gt500. Lubed the poly bushings with silicone grease and it went away.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13BlackGT

Established Member
I am trying to get my stuff in a row so I can retire around the first of the year. My nest egg is not as big as I would like. I have a meeting Tuesday with my financial advisor. I have to admit, this all makes me really nervous.

91 coupe, 93 coupe, 13 Gt, 76 Highboy

Last edited:

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
My main retirement fund (profit sharing) is stupid good, so I'm not worried about paying for a few years of health insurance.
And I won't be needing SS for a good while, so I'll wait until 67 before collecting on that.
If it's still there by then...

And I can't relate to being bored. I have motorcycles that need hundreds of thousands of more miles put on them.
Do the math at collecting at 62 and investing every penny since you said you don't need it. I bet you'll come out way ahead in the long run.

As for us, my wife just got a great new job that she's been chasing for quite some time.

My son is a really good kid. He's in 9th grade and doing very well in his early college program. He's on track to have an Associate's degree shortly after he turns 19.

Best of all, my dad just finished six weeks of chemo and radiation for esophageal cancer, and so far the doctor said it is dead and hadn't spread. Thank God.

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
I'm 48 and about 95% sure I'm going to retire after this winter. I've done nothing but work for the past 25 years, crazy hours and I can count the vacations I took on one hand. My heart just isn't in it anymore. My investments make more than enough to live on so it's time to pack it in and spend some quality time with the kids and doing things I want to do.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Had my second child 4 months ago.

After 2 years in redoing my front yard I’ll be done before the new year.

Making a lot of progress in detail work on the 65 Mustang.

Ordered an F-150 that I’ll be taking delivery mid December.

I’m living, loving and laughing!

C2tuck

Established Member
I'm 48 and about 95% sure I'm going to retire after this winter. I've done nothing but work for the past 25 years, crazy hours and I can count the vacations I took on one hand. My heart just isn't in it anymore. My investments make more than enough to live on so it's time to pack it in and spend some quality time with the kids and doing things I want to do.

As long as you don’t retire from posting in the NSFW thread we’ll allow it.

Congrats.

C2tuck

Established Member
Wife and kids are all doing great and healthy. I’ve made more money this past year than I could have ever imagined and became a millionaire on paper. My business is going great and we decided to add a proven sales person to the mix, so next year is gonna be crazy and scary at the same time. We’re planning on g to build it up and sell out in the next few years at which point I will retire.

Bought a notch and still building my c10.

Only real negative to think of was the passing of her dad last month.

Users who are viewing this thread