Post pics of you Open Track racing!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I checked out your video. You are right there is more left in it. It just takes time to have the confidence to take turn 8 at higher speeds. Sometimes it's just a matter of following a really good driver in another car that you know cannot handle as well as your car does and follow him. Also taking to your self helps "If he can do it so can I, If he can do it so can I".

Ha iv'e used that technique on my GSXR and while sometimes it works, iv'e had quiet a few times it didn't! :nonono:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I checked out your video. You are right there is more left in it. It just takes time to have the confidence to take turn 8 at higher speeds. Sometimes it's just a matter of following a really good driver in another car that you know cannot handle as well as your car does and follow him. Also taking to your self helps "If he can do it so can I, If he can do it so can I".

Yes I just need a little more practice and time with the car at higher speed tracks. The car is really capable.

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
Yes I just need a little more practice and time with the car at higher speed tracks. The car is really capable.

I just saw the article on you/your car in the NASA Speed News magazine. Congrats on the feature! Your car looks very solid and well built. I wish I had teh time, skills, and money to tackly a job like that. Kudos to you, sir:beer:

Blown 89

Established Member
I'll break the rules and post some non-car pics on a road course (Firebird East and Arizona Motorsports Park). 2008 CRG shifter with a 125cc stock Honda. Best lap at Firebird East is a 1:02:44. I need to find 3.5 seconds to stay with the front runners:

E2.jpg

9.jpg

1E.jpg

Last edited:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I just did a 2 day event at WGI (my first ever) and had a great time. My car was phenomenal, and I was able to pass almost everything out there without having to give a single point-by all weekend. Can't wait to get back!

Chasing down my old man in his z06
20140428_PDA_WGI_DE1_0330_zps93c1e787.jpg

All over a ZL1 before passing
20140428_PDA_WGI_DE1_0836_zps633c3896.jpg

Showing the brz guys that these things turn
20140428_PDA_WGI_DE1_0572_zps0d860033.jpg

Parnelli Jones Boss Replica :drool:
20140428_PDA_WGI_DE1_1052_zps2ad25fc2.jpg

20140428_PDA_WGI_DE1_1058_zpsad4e5100.jpg

dmichaels

Established Member
^ Very nice - I love Watkins Glen - by far my favorite track in the east that I've driven thus far. It's suits the Mustang well (and any high HP car really). Looks like you did quite well - what club were you out with?

I hope I can get there this year... aiming to get to the Audi Club event in July if possible. We'll see.

Any idea what your lap times were? I ran it last year completely stock except for brake pads and was around 2.23. Lots of room for improvement, but I was just learning the car and I was having massive brake overheating issues (didn't have brake cooling yet) so I was taking it pretty easy as to not roast the brakes and have to come in early.

Last edited:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
^ Very nice - I love Watkins Glen - by far my favorite track in the east that I've driven thus far. It's suits the Mustang well (and any high HP car really). Looks like you did quite well - what club were you out with?

I hope I can get there this year... aiming to get to the Audi Club event in July if possible. We'll see.

Any idea what your lap times were? I ran it last year completely stock except for brake pads and was around 1.23. Lots of room for improvement, but I was just learning the car and I was having massive brake overheating issues (didn't have brake cooling yet) so I was taking it pretty easy as to not roast the brakes and have to come in early.

Thanks! I don't know what the lap times were. Next time I will time a few. I was there with NASA and we will be there again in September. Its a great group. I think I was one of the (if not the) fastest car out there with my group. Was ahead of a couple z06s consistently. Can't wait to do more events!

I have DBA rotors and pagid pads with ate fluid and I was hitting 140+ on the back straight and had no brake issues or fade.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread