Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
aff0fb8984425dd8cebe90fad4099839.jpg

c707f8e8c44f62f227371086aee89288.jpg

Beautiful weather in chicago the last few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Finally installed a bunch of suspension parts i've had for quite a while. The pictures of it sitting high is 100% OEM ride height. I brought the car to my friend's house and he helped me out to get the job done quicker.

The first day I got to his house around 2:30 PM, so by 8 PM we were tired and my car was had many parts still off the car, so I drove my friend's Mustang back to my house for the night. He has the Light Regatta Blue 86 GT w/ a DSS 331 stroker, TF top end kit, Pro-M stand-alone ECU, TKO-500, 03' Cobra IRS, Baer brakes up front & 03/04 Cobra brakes in the rear, Corbeau seats, MOMO Prototipo steering wheel, and I forgot which wheels exactly he has, 5 lugs all around, and much more.

Over the weekend, we installed UPR C/Os up front, Viking 10-250 springs, UPR CC plates, Bilstein shocks in the rear, H&R springs, BMR upper/lower control arms (car had OEM suspension, so this is basically temporary until I can install an IRS or my friend's SRA that has Moser 5 lug axles already installed, 03/04 Cobra brackets for the brakes, and i'd just run a MM torque arm w/ that set-up.)

Sorry, I got more than 1 new pic here after this weekend.

Fox-1.jpeg

Fox-2.jpeg

Fox-3.jpeg

Fox-4.jpeg

Fox-5.jpeg

Fox-6.jpeg

Fox-8.jpeg

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
Finally installed a bunch of suspension parts i've had for quite a while. The pictures of it sitting high is 100% OEM ride height. I brought the car to my friend's house and he helped me out to get the job done quicker.

The first day I got to his house around 2:30 PM, so by 8 PM we were tired and my car was had many parts still off the car, so I drove my friend's Mustang back to my house for the night. He has the Light Regatta Blue 86 GT w/ a DSS 331 stroker, TF top end kit, Pro-M stand-alone ECU, TKO-500, 03' Cobra IRS, Baer brakes up front & 03/04 Cobra brakes in the rear, Corbeau seats, MOMO Prototipo steering wheel, and I forgot which wheels exactly he has, 5 lugs all around, and much more.

Over the weekend, we installed UPR C/Os up front, Viking 10-250 springs, UPR CC plates, Bilstein shocks in the rear, H&R springs, BMR upper/lower control arms (car had OEM suspension, so this is basically temporary until I can install an IRS or my friend's SRA that has Moser 5 lug axles already installed, 03/04 Cobra brackets for the brakes, and i'd just run a MM torque arm w/ that set-up.)

Sorry, I got more than 1 new pic here after this weekend.

View attachment 1816088
View attachment 1816089
View attachment 1816090
View attachment 1816091
View attachment 1816092
View attachment 1816093
View attachment 1816094
Love a clean 4 eye. Looks great man.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Love a clean 4 eye. Looks great man.

Thanks man! It took me a while to find an 86' GT that wasn't a rust-bucket. Believe it or not, this car has not a single spot of rust on the frame, door jams, or strut towers. It only has a tiny mark near the hatch key hole and it has some paint chips.

I plan to keep the exterior pretty much clean. I only plan to add a 2.5" cowl hood, which is perfect since my Dad had the same size on his 86' GT, except now cowl hoods cost a fortune. I want to put 275s in the rear. I actually have a fender roller in my hatch, but nothing rubs. I'll do it anyways for the future since I borrowed it from a friend and I already removed the quad-shocks as well. Some kid at Auto Zone said I should put window louvers on the rear window, I threw up a bit. I want to keep the exterior mostly stockish and I love the stock interior, it's very 80s which I love. I'm trying to find the OEM radio, I want to rock cassettes lol. It's still pretty loud, but that's ok.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
I've always had a soft spot for '96-98 Cobras. I drove a Rio Red one when I was 17 and owned a '96 GT. The difference when I pushed on the loud pedal was immediately obvious. lol
They are definitely one of the best bangs for the buck IMO. It's not the fastest thing in the world, but it has surprised some people on the street. Everyone assumes a convertible is slow.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Love them, you can ackchully see out of them. They were good enough for Ford to install them on the Cobra Jet mustangs. I may an extra set or two, what year do you have? Had the mobile glazer that does a lot of work for dealers and our maintenance shop here install them.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I've been thinking of getting those 1/4 window louver things. Did a body shop put them in? Do you like them?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

IMHO the best looking quarter window louvers

Users who are viewing this thread