Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Still smitten with this one...

MK2-sunset.jpg

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
So can you feel a difference? Also, this Slomaro guy helped me with my lines at CMP this year. He doesn't deserve the hard time. If I hadnt have been in the beginner group, I might have smoked him! Yeah prob not!

Thanks @WVTrakPak ! I'll try to stay off your line and give you a point-by! I only did the front canards and extended splitter, but my limited testing on the street felt like the front end was more stable at turns > 60 MPH. The real difference will be the rear wing which makes 300 lbs of downforce at 120 MPH.

Your ZL1 looks killer! How much ground clearance do you have with the front aero mod?

Thanks @CobraBob ! It is about 4" of clearance to the sacrificial rubber aero under the splitter and 5.5" to the bottom of the plastic. It is speed bump friendly, but you will smash it on a curb if you pull up too far into a parking space. All the parts are OEM GM from the ZL1 1LE.

The more and more I see these ZL1s the more I want one over a red eye challenger. Stupid good deals on them currently too.

@My94GT thanks! The car has some flaws, but it is really the best performance value on the planet. The ZL1 is a triple threat with 650 HP and the SS 1LE is almost as fast on most road courses. The A10 is an excellent transmission in the ZL1. The "Throttle House" just did a full feature show on the ZL1 vs. Hellcat vs. GT500. Check it out.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
@My94GT thanks! The car has some flaws, but it is really the best performance value on the planet. The ZL1 is a triple threat with 650 HP and the SS 1LE is almost as fast on most road courses. The A10 is an excellent transmission in the ZL1. The "Throttle House" just did a full feature show on the ZL1 vs. Hellcat vs. GT500. Check it out.

yea I have to watch that. Bang for the buck really does favor the ZL1 and it seems a very capable car. I also like you can still get it in manual trans.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
The Forgiatos I ordered for my mom’s Wraith came in. Technically a downgrade, as the stock rims were full bespoke carbon fiber, but these looked better & she loves how it looks now. A little ghetto, a little classy. I went with 22s instead of 24s to have some sidewall (stockers were 21”). I’m going to get the taillights smoked with vinyl, they’re a bit too bright on the car.

4acbc8dc9f9e56b82b54d6f92f9cf708.jpg

47c63202a7c9ff14c45792926287ba77.jpg

Last edited:

ENV²

Established Member
Took this today before heading home, I am so over winter at this point! Haven't even had enough snow to warrant me working from home due to weather, just bitter ass cold.

View attachment 1621610
How tall are your garage ceilings? I want to do this and we are currently house hunting. Want to make sure I can get a lift in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
How tall are your garage ceilings? I want to do this and we are currently house hunting. Want to make sure I can get a lift in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IIRC 12ft 6in, make sure when you measure you take sheet rock thickness into account (if you go that direction)

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
And make sure garage doors are able to open. Obviously they will be a foot or 2 below the ceiling.

My ceilings are over 15 ft and the garage doors are exactly 14 ft. Just keep your total height below garage door height and you'll be fine.
IIRC 12ft 6in, make sure when you measure you take sheet rock thickness into account (if you go that direction)

Users who are viewing this thread