Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

lovin'myshelby

Established Member
b872689516553a57e208ce2089786052.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Be mlre specific please. Was it just sentimental value that you driving the shelby more enjoyable? Seems like both cars would be somewhat similar in feel. Maybe the shelby a little bit smoother, but not much else besides that...
My Shelby ment a lot to me and I bought her brand new and did every mod myself. The car was a monster when I sold it.

The worst part is my cobra has been a complete pain in the ass since the day I bought it. I have had nothing but headaches with it. The car was not as wonderful as everyone told me it was. I should have looked at the car in person before purchasing, but everyone told me how amazing it was so shame on me.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
The worst part is my cobra has been a complete pain in the ass since the day I bought it. I have had nothing but headaches with it. The car was not as wonderful as everyone told me it was. I should have looked at the car in person before purchasing, but everyone told me how amazing it was so shame on me.

I hate hearing stuff like this. My brothers 03 has been nothing but problems since day one, yet a couple friends that have 03/04's have never had issues.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My Shelby ment a lot to me and I bought her brand new and did every mod myself. The car was a monster when I sold it.

Damn man, sucks to hear. Im a huge fan of the 03/04, but with them being so old and having God knows how many owners and hard miles, it really is a gamble, getting into one.

I can see how the experience you have had has made you miss your shelby.

Stay strong and get that Cobra back to pristine condition, then sell to me :D

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear. That wicked sucks! I loved that Shelby. I wish I had a place to store it, I would have loved to have that car. What a great looking car too. Killer color scheme. It was one of my favorites on this site.
If I had the choice between a '13/'14 GT500 or Cobra,........Shelby all day long.
Are you going to look for another GT500 to replace?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I hate hearing stuff like this. My brothers 03 has been nothing but problems since day one, yet a couple friends that have 03/04's have never had issues.
I hear yeah, my brother also has a 03 cobra and it's on it's 3rd engine. But he loves the car and won't sell it. While 2 other guys I know have high mileage cobras and they run perfect with no issues. I don't get it sometimes.
Damn man, sucks to hear. Im a huge fan of the 03/04, but with them being so old and having God knows how many owners and hard miles, it really is a gamble, getting into one.

I can see how the experience you have had has made you miss your shelby.

Stay strong and get that Cobra back to pristine condition, then sell to me :D
I work on her every weekend fixing something. Every time I turn around its something new wrong. I have a couple local people interested in the car so hopefully someone buys it eventually.

The shity part is I have always wanted a 03/04 cobra since I was 16 and finally was financially stable enough to buy one with cash and I bought a nightmare. I should have been more patient.
Sorry to hear. That wicked sucks! I loved that Shelby. I wish I had a place to store it, I would have loved to have that car. What a great looking car too. Killer color scheme. It was one of my favorites on this site.
If I had the choice between a '13/'14 GT500 or Cobra,........Shelby all day long.
Are you going to look for another GT500 to replace?
Thanks man, I miss that car more and more each day. But luckily they made plenty of 13/14s. I'll definitely have another one but it will probably never look as good as my last one.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I hear yeah, my brother also has a 03 cobra and it's on it's 3rd engine. But he loves the car and won't sell it. While 2 other guys I know have high mileage cobras and they run perfect with no issues. I don't get it sometimes.

I think his having 666 in the vin has cursed it. We are currently rebuilding his engine as well, teksid with all new parts just the bare cylinder heads are off the original engine. He also had the stock t56 with 26 spline and everything inside upgraded grenade on a 2-3 shift. The first magnum t56 he had was bad from D&D as well. I think in the 5 years he's owned it he has yet to drive it more than 3 months a year due to issues. But at this point it has so much money ad time in it he doesn't want to sell it. Makes me nervous about buying an 03 when the time comes but it has been the dream car since I was in high school and saw the debut in 2002.

and to keep the thread gods happy pic:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man, I miss that car more and more each day. But luckily they made plenty of 13/14s. I'll definitely have another one but it will probably never look as good as my last one.
Yeah,.....that was a killer looking car. Gorgeous.
Plenty of '13's/'14's around, like you stated. Good luck going forward!

Never_Enough

Established Member

Sorry to hear this. Definitely time to sell that Cobra then. I know I would.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tones - GHIG looks better on a Roush than any other GT. Not sure why, but damn it works!
Thanks man! I appreciate that.
It really is a great color, especially out in the sun with the gold metallic flake. In the shade it looks like a flat green.

Runner up yesterday at NMRA in Bracket 2. I ran a 7.99 on an 8.0 dial losing the final.
That's awesome Justin! Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread