Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Thanks for your kind words! I went with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra topped with EXO. Correction and coating were done by Pro Auto Spa.

They also did my Z06 and my wife's 340ix. Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.
Thank you sir, appreciate the info I've heard they do great work. I just purchased a 13 GT500 that could use a paint correction, will post pics soon.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Picked up this 2013 TP a few weeks ago. Flew out to Arkansas to pick up and drove her home 10hrs. So far very pleased, my biggest complaint so far is the stock shifter. Definitely more refined ride than my Terminator. Getting her re-tuned tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220716_150256 (Medium).jpg
    20220716_150256 (Medium).jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220713_071629 (Medium).jpg
    20220713_071629 (Medium).jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 82

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Picked up this 2013 TP a few weeks ago. Flew out to Arkansas to pick up and drove her home 10hrs. So far very pleased, my biggest complaint so far is the stock shifter. Definitely more refined ride than my Terminator. Getting her re-tuned tomorrow.
Congrats on your 2013 Shelby GT500..........welcome to the shelby club.......beautiful BLK/BLK......nice catch.......(y)

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Congrats! Good to know we'll have "twins" in the area.

MGW will solve most/all woes the stock shifter causes. Are you visiting Eddie @ Elite Tuning and Performance for your tune? How about Pro Auto Spa for some paint correction and protection?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats & good luck with the 13.
Any mods besides the axle-back ?
Any mod plans ??

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

MGW will solve most/all woes the stock shifter causes. Are you visiting Eddie @ Elite Tuning and Performance for your tune? How about Pro Auto Spa for some paint correction and protection?

The MGW is nice.

Idk why but this gear box seems a lot more forgiving than the 14 I had.

I like her alittle sloppy. I don’t think I’m gonna do that upgrade this time.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Congrats & good luck with the 13.
Any mods besides the axle-back ?
Any mod plans ??
Congrats on your 2013 Shelby GT500..........welcome to the shelby club.......beautiful BLK/BLK......nice catch.......(y)

"1 Alibi 2"
Thank you sir and yes in fact axle back was the first thing I removed, I replaced it with the stock axle back, call me old but the other was a little too loud for me, although they did look good and sound nice! btw their for-sale cheap!
Mods car came with:
- Kooks LT and X-pipe
- Stage 4 VMP kit
- H&R lowering springs
- JLT catch can (I just installed it)
- future mods (wheels, and a few CF accessories), I don't plan on going crazy with the mods just enjoy it for now.

"Vinnie_B"
Thank you sir!

Norton:
Yes sir, that's one of the mods on the list (MGW/Barton?), along with the ceramic coating. I remember seeing yours in one of the local car shows, very nicely modded, and super clean car. As for a tune, I've used Eddie @ Elite in the past great tuner and great person but for the Shelby I decided to try Palm Beach Dyno, since it already had an SCT tune, and Eddie is doing strictly HP tuners.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
"1 Alibi 2"
Thank you sir and yes in fact axle back was the first thing I removed, I replaced it with the stock axle back, call me old but the other was a little too loud for me, although they did look good and sound nice! btw their for-sale cheap!
Mods car came with:
- Kooks LT and X-pipe
- Stage 4 VMP kit
- H&R lowering springs
- JLT catch can (I just installed it)
- future mods (wheels, and a few CF accessories), I don't plan on going crazy with the mods just enjoy it for now.

"Vinnie_B"
Thank you sir!

Norton:
Yes sir, that's one of the mods on the list (MGW/Barton?), along with the ceramic coating. I remember seeing yours in one of the local car shows, very nicely modded, and super clean car. As for a tune, I've used Eddie @ Elite in the past great tuner and great person but for the Shelby I decided to try Palm Beach Dyno, since it already had an SCT tune, and Eddie is doing strictly HP tuners.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I removed a Barton to make room for a MGWII
Highly recommend MGW with the DELUXE Handle kit Just use their shift knob

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Norton:
I remain very happy with my (Gen 1) MGW and I understand the Gen 2 is even better. I've also heard good things about Barton, but have no first-hand experience with them.

Depending on your front-end condition, you should consider PPF on at least the leading surfaces. I was dissatisfied with PPFs available a decade ago and I couldn't decide how to deal with the matte stripes, so I skipped it. I remain happy with ceramic but, ~34K miles on Colorado roads has me wishing I'd done PPF. Again, thanks for your kind words. I look forward to seeing your new toy - let's try to put faces and names with forum handles at one of the summer's remaining car events.

Most tuned Shelby owners I know (in this area), including me, are happy with Eddie. No experience with Palm Beach Dyno, but I understand the desire to leverage hardware on-hand, though. Good luck!

Stage 4.6

Established Member
1 kona_Venom:
i'll definately keep that in mind, do they have options for different shift knobs?

norton:
Yeah I have no issues with Eddie he tuned my 04 Cobra last year and it runs awesome!
Like you said I'am just trying to leverage what i had already, btw the car is pending a revision on the tune tomorrow the one palm beach did caused a CEL on my way home, needles to say I am not happy!

I didn't see your car at the All Ford show this weekend at Bandimere, there where several nice looking Shelby's. I took runner up in my class with my Mystic Term.

Attachments

• 20220731_111952 (Medium).jpg
    20220731_111952 (Medium).jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 76

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
A clean black car will reflect well on your hours of attention..

Fact!
20190818_100326.jpg

1 kona_Venom:
i'll definately keep that in mind, do they have options for different shift knobs?

norton:
Yeah I have no issues with Eddie he tuned my 04 Cobra last year and it runs awesome!
Like you said I'am just trying to leverage what i had already, btw the car is pending a revision on the tune tomorrow the one palm beach did caused a CEL on my way home, needles to say I am not happy!

I didn't see your car at the All Ford show this weekend at Bandimere, there where several nice looking Shelby's. I took runner up in my class with my Mystic Term.
You asked @1Kona_Venom, but I'll answer... Yes - MGW offers several options, in addition to stock knob compatibility. FWIW, I went with a Shelby knob that works perfectly.
20200530_105122.jpg

20200530_105140.jpg

Good luck with that CEL!

I had to travel on business last week and, thanks to weather delays, didn't make it home until early Saturday morning. My TDY involved some very long and physically exhausting days, so I spent the weekend catching-up on sleep and letting some very sore muscles recover. Unfortunately, I won't make First Saturday C&C this weekend either, as I'm headed out of town again. Busy time of year...

Users who are viewing this thread