Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
09/04/2020,............@ the state inspection station.
Shelby-2020-inspection-day-09-04-2020-008.jpg

Shelby-2020-inspection-day-09-04-2020-021.jpg

Shelby-2020-inspection-day-09-04-2020-025.jpg

Shelby-2020-inspection-day-09-04-2020-027.jpg

04MysticCobra

Established Member
^^Is that the Washington NJ inspection station. I have no problem with my local inspection station in Newton and had my two daily drivers done last month but my office for titles and registration is a mess. Its still a 4-6 hour wait or longer until you get served in Newton and I can't do that wait. Hoping its better down at the Washington office so I can get the GT500 titled and registered. Murphy did a hell of a job with the NJ DMV. I was by Oakland DMV today where they only do licenses and testing the line was about 3/4 of a mile long. Thanks NJ.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
^^Is that the Washington NJ inspection station. I have no problem with my local inspection station in Newton and had my two daily drivers done last month but my office for titles and registration is a mess. Its still a 4-6 hour wait or longer until you get served in Newton and I can't do that wait. Hoping its better down at the Washington office so I can get the GT500 titled and registered. Murphy did a hell of a job with the NJ DMV. I was by Oakland DMV today where they only do licenses and testing the line was about 3/4 of a mile long. Thanks NJ.
That is the Washington inspection station on Rt. 31, by appointment only, & just for inspections.
I passed a DMV on Rt. 57 on the way to the inspection station, it's located in a strip mall. The line stretched from the office, across the parking lot, & up on Rt. 57. This was @ 7:40 am, didn't see much social distancing or masks. This is what happens when you close everything for an extended period.
In hindsight, DMV should have been treated like food stores,............ESSENTIAL !!

04MysticCobra

Established Member
That is the Washington inspection station on Rt. 31, by appointment only, & just for inspections.
I passed a DMV on Rt. 57 on the way to the inspection station, it's located in a strip mall. The line stretched from the office, across the parking lot, & up on Rt. 57. This was @ 7:40 am, didn't see much social distancing or masks. This is what happens when you close everything for an extended period.
In hindsight, DMV should have been treated like food stores,............ESSENTIAL !!

Thanks for the info. It seems like all the NJ DMV offices still have these crazy waiting lines. They never should have been shut down at all and they are essential. Almost 2 months now since getting my latest GT500 and I have not been able to get near one of these DMW offices and not waiting on lines from 4am in the morning and almost 6 hours to get served like many have been doing. Going to inspection has not been a problem at my local station.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, and I thought the CT DMV was bad. :eek: So, is NJ extending expiration/due dates because of the Covid issue? I mean, I can easily how some folks would find it not possible to stand in line for 4-6 hours.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Wow, and I thought the CT DMV was bad. :eek: So, is NJ extending expiration/due dates because of the Covid issue? I mean, I can easily how some folks would find it not possible to stand in line for 4-6 hours.

Yes Bob.....most of the due dates have been extended to the end of the year. I have driven by two DMV offices weekly in Oakland and Newton NJ for the last month and the lines have not been less than 3/4 of a mile in length from early in the morning. Because of the nerve damage I have in my feet and legs I can't stand on line for any length of time so I am screwed until the lines end.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Need that collector car inspection sticker like me I'm not due for re inspection til 2024 ;)

No doubt and you are exempt from any inspections as long as you own the car. Had that triangle sticker on my 2004 Cobra and only had one renewal for 8 years of ownership. Renewal is every 5 years. You get a voucher upon renewal and go to the end of the inspection line with no vehicle inspection and they slap on a new triangle inspection sticker good for another 5 years. Only good thing NJ DMV has ever done that I liked.

https://www.nj.gov/mvc/pdf/vehicles/app_coll_vehicle.pdf

GTMAN212

Established Member
No doubt and you are exempt from any inspections as long as you own the car. Had that triangle sticker on my 2004 Cobra and only had one renewal for 8 years of ownership. Renewal is every 5 years. You get a voucher upon renewal and go to the end of the inspection line with no vehicle inspection and they slap on a new triangle inspection sticker good for another 5 years. Only good thing NJ DMV has ever done that I liked.

https://www.nj.gov/mvc/pdf/vehicles/app_coll_vehicle.pdf

I know its great!!

Users who are viewing this thread