Possible to tune blower on 2V w/10.5 comp?

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
Looking to put the SVO kit on my 98 here pretty soon. Was wondering if this thing will be tuneable with 10.5 compression on 91 octane? I would hate to go through getting everything installed and towing it to a good tuner and finding out its just too much for crap 91 octane. Looking to run the stock 7-8psi.

I8URLS1

Established Member
I would probably put a methanol kit on it to be safe, otherwise they'd really have to kill timing to make it safe.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Guys run centri kits at moderate boost levels on the 03/04 Mach1's which are the same compression. 7 psi with timing in the low teens and you'll be good.

Mizark347

MPG Performance and Engineering
Established Member
You'll actually benefit from that compression ratio at that low level of boost. Those M90's aren't gonna make much more boost then that anyway. You'll see some nice power with the 10.5:1 compression, similar to a car with 10psi and 9:1 compression. It'd be good insurance to set-up the blower with a IAT sensor post blower so the ECU sees the air charge temp that the engine is experiencing. Then in the tune, you can command to pull timing if the temps get too high.

Users who are viewing this thread