Possible to make the supercharger louder?

stangaholic280

Established Member
It may seem dumb but like many of you guys, I LOVE the sound of the supercharger...I haven't turned my radio on since I bought my Cobra lol.

I was wondering if it is possible to make the whine from the supercharger louder? If so, how is it done? I know there are various superchargers out there that are much louder than the Eaton (and I am actually looking into a KB) but for now I was just wondering.

Thanks for the input.

greengt88

Established Member
KB 2.2 is the loudest aftermarket TS, the newer and larger ones are pretty loud too. same with whipples; Vortech has one too, not too much info on those yet. pretty much can't go wrong. try changing the oil in the supercharger, did that to mine and it became a little louder and seemed better in general. remove insulation under the hood and cut the flaps off underneath the vents if u haven't already. gets more air out of there. hope that helps some. and def. get a pulley, tune and cold air.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Port the living f*** out of it, and weld the silencer holes shut.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0nxF5yVpb8"]YouTube- ported 03 cobra in car acceleration[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oojeDw6808"]YouTube- Ported Eaton Blower Whine[/ame]

wjk

Established Member
I would also recommend putting a mic on the supercharger, then go home and put it on your Ipod! Then you can listen to it all the time!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Different belts can also increase the supercharger volume. Try a Dayco poly cog.

03dsgsnake

Established Member
change the inlet more air more whistle. on my 2.8hkb i have the behemoth and it sounds like a procharger, always whistling at idle and screams at wot

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
if you havent got rid of the stock intake yet, then do that. that will atleast bring the sound out some. also a smaller pulley/spinning the blower faster will make it louder. remove the blanket under the hood, as others have said. each one of those things will make the blower a little louder/be able to hear it a lil better after each mod.

if you have all of the above done, and STILL want it louder, the final option (other than chaning blowers entirely) would be to pull the blower off....send it to posi...and have it ported. this will make it louder as well. once you complete ALL of these, you will be left will a blower that screams! (and makes great power! lol)

Users who are viewing this thread