Possible purchase of an 03 Cobra

KP_510

Established Member
Hey guys just looking for some advice here. I've been looking at this car for a little while now its a 03 Cobra 10th Anniversary edition. Of course Black with the black and red seats. 58k miles passes smog, clean title, clean carfax completely stock except for the bulbs in the headlights which are this annoying ice blue color.

Anyway they want $25,950 for the car (its at a dealer) which is way overpriced from what I've seen on KBB. The car has been on this website for at least 2+ month. The KBB value i saw with all the specific details entered was anywhere from 16.5-19k

My question is does KBB value make a difference in terms of the sale price of these vehicles or is there usually a hike up beyond the KBB value due to the somewhat sought out nature of these cars?

Also seen a 04 Mystichrome with 41,000 miles for 34k :cryying:

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
KBB is slowly becoming irrelevant for these cars value.

25k for a 58k Cobra, regardless if it's a 10th Ann or not is a bit high. Is the car perfect, or near perfect?

I purchased my Silver YN 03 Cobra, with 54k miles for almost 10k less than what you're about to spend. Is the car perfect? Not even close. It would take about 1k in paint, 1200 in wheels/tires and a few hundred on the interior. Even then, still thousands less.

The collector value of a 10th Ann will pay off down the road, but the value isn't there just yet. 03/04's have seen a 7% + increase in value since this time last year.

A Mystichrome Coupe sold for 28k with 75,000 miles on it at a dealer not far from me. Insane.

KP_510

Established Member
KBB is slowly becoming irrelevant for these cars value.

25k for a 58k Cobra, regardless if it's a 10th Ann or not is a bit high. Is the car perfect, or near perfect?

I purchased my Silver YN 03 Cobra, with 54k miles for almost 10k less than what you're about to spend. Is the car perfect? Not even close. It would take about 1k in paint, 1200 in wheels/tires and a few hundred on the interior. Even then, still thousands less.

The collector value of a 10th Ann will pay off down the road, but the value isn't there just yet. 03/04's have seen a 7% + increase in value since this time last year.

A Mystichrome Coupe sold for 28k with 75,000 miles on it at a dealer not far from me. Insane.

I figured KBB might underrate the actual value of what these cars would go for but yes the interior is damn near flawless. Looks like a few possible paint chips on exterior but nothing major havent test drove it yet so cant speak to that.

I wouldn't think of paying that much for this car thats more than I paid for my '13 lol. I'm gonna go check it out today. Really not trying to go over 19.5 tops

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I figured KBB might underrate the actual value of what these cars would go for but yes the interior is damn near flawless. Looks like a few possible paint chips on exterior but nothing major havent test drove it yet so cant speak to that.

I wouldn't think of paying that much for this car thats more than I paid for my '13 lol. I'm gonna go check it out today. Really not trying to go over 19.5 tops

if it is truly a stock vehicle that's hasn't been modified (and then put back to stock), then imo it could be worth more. look for tool marks around the blower snout, and check the rear differential for fluid leaks. at 58k, I don't think it is worth 25K, but I would think it could be well worth over 20 to someone who really wants it. it all depends on how much you like the car. best of luck with it! these are really fun mustangs to own.

HPLouis

Established Member
That 41K mile Mystichrome selling for $34K, was it a coupe? Those are so damn hard to find.

KP_510

Established Member
Thank you for that advice. I'm gonna take a look at it today ill be sure to check for that.

KP_510

Established Member
Went to take a closer look at the car it's had 6 owners been all over the country failed a smog in LA (so I'm guessing it was modded before) and it needed some paint work. Gonna pass on it

Users who are viewing this thread