Possible new Cobra owner - need advice

hotcobra03

Established Member
call svt..

last 6 digits..they can give you the build #of the car..

than our site has a list by #..of members

it helps sometimes to see if car was a problem during the yrs..

ours has been a test to how much you can get out of this car when under normal use..

car does have some trouble areas..some can be costly to repair..

this car if it hasn't had head issues yet,is a thought..couple thousand just there..

lower caged pulley
oem radiator
altinator
clutch release bearing
leaking rear end cover

thsee have been areas of repair that also get costly..

milelage has nothing to do with items..

just passed 417k..

cschuette

Established Member
Alright - first of all; thank you to all who provided responses. Truly cool to see helpful folks out there.

Secondly - Got to the dealer, it's about -2 for a high today. Talked with the service manager, who is an old friend it turns out; got them to pull the car in for a comp. check. Keep in mind, cold motor - I dont have the paper handy I wrote them down on, but the lowest was 153, and highest of 159. To me, on a cold motor, these seems ok.

And finally third - DONE DEAL FOLKS!

cschuette

Established Member
Talked them into parking it inside for me as it started to snow rather heavy and I go pick it up on a nicer-ish day.

I had an OASIS report as well - turns out motor was replaced at 20k or so due to the dreaded tick. Which I think I am ok with.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Wait. You came in here, asked for advice, and everyone was friendly and helpful?
We are definitely losing our edge. We are reputed to be mean and ugly, the death sentence on twelve planetary systems...

And CONGRATULATIONS on your new Cobra!! :D

cschuette

Established Member
Wait. You came in here, asked for advice, and everyone was friendly and helpful?
We are definitely losing our edge. We are reputed to be mean and ugly, the death sentence on twelve planetary systems...

And CONGRATULATIONS on your new Cobra!! :D

haha! Yes - everyone was cool as hell. We can keep it low key though.

Appreciate that! I am pretty excited about it. Not excited about the ball slap interest rate I got hit with but that's to be expected I guess...

cschuette

Established Member
No joke, as soon as I signed my favorite nut (left one) it started snowing something fierce. Almost like a sign from the big man upstairs saying what the hell did you do now?

Anyway, the dealer offered me storage for a few days until the weather shapes up. Long story short, I only have a few pics I used to show my wife. I'll work on posting those up (HD photos are too large it says.)

cschuette

Established Member
IMG_20171228_163608~2.jpg
IMG_20171228_163603~2.jpg
IMG_20171228_163621~2.jpg

nxhappy

Established Member
spend 4 more grand, getting something with way less mileage ....I have mine for sell =)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I live in Minnesota, and I bought mine back in 2010 for 19.5k and it had 20k miles. Keep looking.

And please don't call it a termy/termi. Thanks.

cschuette

Established Member
Well I live in Minnesota, and I bought mine back in 2010 for 19.5k and it had 20k miles. Keep looking.

And please don't call it a termy/termi. Thanks.

Yeah we established that wasn't correct terminology. My bad. Car has been purchased - if you find one with 20k around here, for 18 I hope you buy two. You have to remember, 2010 was when the auto industry was maybe recovering from the crash it had around 08. You clearly bought your car at the right time and I commend you on the deal you struck.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah we established that wasn't correct terminology. My bad. Car has been purchased - if you find one with 20k around here, for 18 I hope you buy two. You have to remember, 2010 was when the auto industry was maybe recovering from the crash it had around 08. You clearly bought your car at the right time and I commend you on the deal you struck.

Thanks and yes you may have a point. I have seen members on here within the last couple of years get some pretty good deals on low mileage cobras. Congrats on your purchase, mine is also redfire.

cschuette

Established Member
Thanks and yes you may have a point. I have seen members on here within the last couple of years get some pretty good deals on low mileage cobras. Congrats on your purchase, mine is also redfire.

Oh absolutely! No argument that they aren't out there from me.

Where abouts are you at in MN bud?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh absolutely! No argument that they aren't out there from me.

Where abouts are you at in MN bud?

I live in southern Minnesota, town called New Ulm. It's about 27 miles from Mankato.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Congrats.

I know most will say hold out for something with lower mileage but the convenience of it being in your back yard is worth the extra cost.

Car looks clean. Comp check looked good And you lucked out and got newer motor!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cschuette

Established Member
Congrats.

I know most will say hold out for something with lower mileage but the convenience of it being in your back yard is worth the extra cost.

Car looks clean. Comp check looked good And you lucked out and got newer motor!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree. I'm happy with it so end of the day that's all that matters.

I'll get better pics as soon as I get it home - it's very clean!

oneof185

Established Member
Congrats! Looks to me to be a good price for what appears to be a clean car. A local dealer near me had a ZY with 98k miles for $19,500 and it sold within a week. It didn't have any high dollar blower etc, just basic bolt-ons. Although I'm sure they came down some, doubt it was to the price you got yours.

Users who are viewing this thread