Possible GT350 spy shots 295s all around

I pray Ford brings us a Boss 351 with this new S550 model.
Looks like the Mach1 will happen as the new GT350 in the near future.
Now it's time for a Boss 351 natural aspirated or heck even the BIG BOY Boss 429.
We can only specliate .

jes_csx

Established Member
The 50th anniversary of the original GT350 is 2015. The 50th anniversary of the original GT500 is 2017.
It makes a lot of sense for Ford to introduce a special 50th aniv SE less-is-more NA boss 302 type finesse car before they develop a FI big HP monster.
Any crazy DI/TT coyote is years away… if we see TT at all.
Seriously, think about what it would take to package a TT coyote in a production car. Don't expect to see that sort of beast very soon.

Voltwings

Established Member
The 50th anniversary of the original GT350 is 2015. The 50th anniversary of the original GT500 is 2017.
It makes a lot of sense for Ford to introduce a special 50th aniv SE less-is-more NA boss 302 type finesse car before they develop a FI big HP monster.
Any crazy DI/TT coyote is years away… if we see TT at all.
Seriously, think about what it would take to package a TT coyote in a production car. Don't expect to see that sort of beast very soon.

They did do extensive TT cobrajet testing... could have just been for the hell of it, but who knows.

jes_csx

Established Member
Yes, but what about packaging that setup for a production car? Or adding DI so it can be branded "EcoBoost"?
You are right though… I don't think they did the CJ TT for nothing.

specizripn

Established Member
Based on one of the spy shots I saw, it looked like there was an intake on the top of the hood, like for a top mount innercooler :D I'd prefer a beastly na over a boosted motor though :poke:

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
I am fairly confident Ford will have an NA engine in some kind of SVT Mustang designed for extended track use to avoid heat soak as seen with supercharged engines.

darreng505

Established Member
I will make a hereto unsaid prediction that if there is a SVT GT350, that acts as a basis for a race version (replacing the 302s/r) that it will not be a fastback. There will be a different trunkline for the race version. Because, as I see it now, there is no good mounting spots for rear wings on the fastback design....to support really big wing struts.

Last edited:

jes_csx

Established Member
I definitely do not see that happening. Getting rid of the fastback would hurt aerodynamics. The smoother the fastback the lower you can mount a wing and still get "clean" downforce generating air with less drag then sticking it way up high. Mounting a big wing will be no problem. If need be, struts could come out on either side of the license plate… similar to the s197 GTR concept. I don't see why struts couldn't mount to/through the deck though...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I will make a hereto unsaid prediction that if there is a SVT GT350, that acts as a basis for a race version (replacing the 302s/r) that it will not be a fastback. There will be a different trunkline for the race version. Because, as I see it now, there is no good mounting spots for rear wings on the fastback design....to support really big wing struts.

They're NOT going to do more than a fastback and vert on the Mustang.
-J

NametoShowOther

Established Member

Not happening, very easy to mount what ever spoiler is needed with the car as is in race trim.

Users who are viewing this thread