Possible GT350 spy shots 295s all around

carguy19

Established Member
The people on that site are still pipe dreaming that the new 2015 model car is going to have our 5.8L trinity motor in it.

God forbid someone tells them that its discontinued and it was a 2 year run.

They know better LOL

boss351cj

Established Member
New 2016 Shelby

Hi-

The 5.8 Trinity engine DOES fit in the car, and by the way, will be in a select number of Mustangs , so you can beleive what you want . Spoke to Engineers at Ford two weeks ago; cars are already running with this engine /Wait and see! Small Niche line can start up at any time , and is 'temporarily' down /
more to come soon!

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I am friends with the guy who hand built my 2014 GT500 engine on Facebook, and he said that the 5.8 Trinity is dead and will not be back in the 2015-up models, however the will be another boosted v8 engine...but said he couldn't let the cat out of the bag as to if it would be bigger or smaller than the Trinity.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DBK says Trinity is done, so I'll take his word on it. They put all that $ in the Coyote program, including lots of factory supported racing, so I don't see why they wouldn't use a variant of that engine in the new gen stang.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Ill call it now it will be a supercharged version of the 5.0, just like the gt350 was in this last body style gt350 was a supercharged 5.0 motor, so will prob be in the new body around 600-650hp, and maybe they will make another model with around 650-700hp ? and maybe a new boss or mach 1 with a 500hp version of the 5.0 all motor.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
DBK says Trinity is done, so I'll take his word on it. They put all that $ in the Coyote program, including lots of factory supported racing, so I don't see why they wouldn't use a variant of that engine in the new gen stang.

This is true. Look at the LT1 in the new Corvette. It has a supercharged variant that is going to go into the C7 Z06. It seems like the logical thing to do.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I also think the Trinity is done, honestly a TVS/coyote can make the same power or more but the 5.8 owns torque.
Good chance I'll also have the big dog of the S550 in a few years, can't wait to see what they come up with.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, been a long winter up here, hell we have a level 3 snow emergency as I'm typing :(
-J

dom418

Established Member
I LOVE the rear end of this car. Reminds me of the 67' fastback. How lucky are those guys to have that job with Ford, so cool

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Saw this the other day on Mustang6. Car def looks interesting, seems to have gone the Saleen hoodscoop way...big rubber too. Now remember that the GT350 could be a variant of the 2000 Cobra R....Thus the big meat all around....It could be setup much like the Boss, only bigger and badder. Time will tell what the car may turn out to be.

Rumor has it it will be shown at the April NYIAS.......

jes_csx

Established Member
If this is a B302 successor, why do people think it will powered by anything other then a NA coyote based engine? I'm pretty sure the horsepower superiority fighter that is the FI GT500 is still a ways off.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm hoping:
GT350 = NA bad@ss
GT500 = boosted bad@ss
I would expect both to be coyote based but have no inside info.
-J

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Thanks GTS, I posted those pictures which I found on another site. On that site DBK stated that those were the pics of the next svt mustang which I am led to believe is the new GT500.

DBK reiterated the trinity is dead and I believed he stated that it is not going to be tt 5.0 either, at least this time around.

GTMamba

Established Member
The people on that site are still pipe dreaming that the new 2015 model car is going to have our 5.8L trinity motor in it.

God forbid someone tells them that its discontinued and it was a 2 year run.

They know better LOL

There are people on this site that believe the same.

Also see more people on there talking about the Voodoo. I think those rumors actually started from there.

Users who are viewing this thread