Posi Ported cars please enter

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Hey guys I'm running a 2.6 upper with C&L CAI (also O/R x pipe and Steeda Axle back)... I know I need a C&R H/E and would also like the matching RAD and 170* thermostat... goal is to get into the 650 range for HP... I'm looking into getting the blower tb/plenum ported by posi and...

was wondering what experiences ya'll had??
what were you're results??
should I also plan to do a IW lower??
any fuel system mods required??

Anything else I'm missing please feel free to add. Any information is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

kent1

Established Member
I have the setup you are talking about. See sig below for mods. VMP in Florida did the installs and custom tune. With stock exhuast it made 608 hp and 609 tq. Later I added lethal's high flow cats and I estimate the power is add the 630 hp wise. If you want to make 650 hp, I suggest you get headers.

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
You are kidding right?

So, let me get this right? You think that by going with a Lethal X-pipe on your set up, you gained 22 RWHPs? Come on man. Stop reading magazines. Realisticaly you will get 6-8 RWHPs(on a lucky day) with an X-pipe . Stop believing what people advertise as HP GAIN. If you don't believe me wait until you run another dyno. You want 25-40 RWHP you need Kooks or Dynatech or ARH long tube headers to get this level of performance( and that is with the proper tune). Shorty headers are not even worth saying "I have those". Take my advise, I've been doing these toooo long...:lol:

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
smirk, what is the purpose of coming off like a douche? if you have what you believe to be solid advice then offer it in the form of instead insulting the others in this forum. and as for "doing these tooooo long", your wisdom is far from others that frequent these boards.

i look forward to the day of your bannage only to see you return with a new user name like all trolls do...........

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
subing, I'd like info as well and while I agree with sgt d about Smirks post, I think you'd be better served just posting the performance you are sure of rather than that which you estimate. Just friendly advice, as this forum can be a bit on the judgmental side...

As for your numbers, the numbers you did get are pretty impressive. Do you have any track numbers to go along with them? I'm trying to decide whether to do a port and long tubes or a TVS and just an O/R X. I could honestly care less what the dyno says, the only numbers that concern me is the one at the bottom of the time slip and the one on my mental smile counter. ;-)

kent1

Established Member
My best time at the track is 11.39. Best MPH is 127.15. There are No suspension mods to car just drag radials. If someone doesn't understand "estimate"., I could care less.

pony23

Established Member
Thinking about doing a port too. Great thread to start. Wondering about fuel needs. I am so used to 03 cobras instead of these cars. Just learning about these.

Bulldogger

Established Member
Porting should add another 30hp. I think long tubes are benefical but don't yield much more then 10hp on the dyno the real choke point in the system from my understanding is the factory cats. At least go with high flows.

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Porting should add another 30hp. I think long tubes are benefical but don't yield much more then 10hp on the dyno the real choke point in the system from my understanding is the factory cats. At least go with high flows.

i'm already catless... although i would love a set of long tubes as well, would stay catless then as well...

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
No sir only the same one we've been selling.:beer:

Your going to need to do something, if you want to keep up with me at the track. :lol1: JK... Give me a call sometime. I'll tell yea what i know. Maybe i can help. I think i have it fingered out....If i would have known this car could run this good with just a port and pulleys. I would of done it a long time ago.....:beer: PM me if you want.

crazy4life

Established Member
I have the Posi Port. Posi is the man as far as i an concerned.:rockon: Great guy to deal with and he also ported my L&M elbow for free. 604 RWHP and 579 TQ. Mods are in my sig. Don't think your gonna see 650 RWHP on the stock blower but what do I know.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thats not what I heard, and I have personal knowledge.

:banana:

I'd like to know what I'm hiding from myself but I told someone else lol.

Your going to need to do something, if you want to keep up with me at the track. :lol1: JK... Give me a call sometime. I'll tell yea what i know. Maybe i can help. I think i have it fingered out....If i would have known this car could run this good with just a port and pulleys. I would of done it a long time ago.....:beer: PM me if you want.

I got some other ideas..... I'll shoot you a pm also.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread