POS broke into the MACH

semperfimrn1

Established Member
yup came home today after work and my brother had informed me of my Mach getting broken into. :fm:

they messed up the key hole on driver's side so that has to be replaced. all my papers i had in both glove boxes were thrown all over the place.

luckily i didn't have much in the car and no aftermarket radio but nonetheless i was pissed!!

CSI came and got some finger prints so hopefully i get lucky.. fingers crossed

now i need good advice on which car alarm to get

crazycarlo

Established Member
Same exact thing happened to me, same keyhole method and all. All they took from me is a checkbook and a $14 tool set. if i ever find someone breaking into it again its not going to be a good night for them. I feel your paint and Im sorry man.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
That sucks. At least they took prints. When I was in highschool someone tried to steal my car. They smashed my window and trashed the hell out of my steering column. Little did they know my battery was unhooked. The cops didn't care at all. I had to bitch at them to even come look and they laughed at me when I asked them to take prints.

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
I wouldn't get my hopes too high about the cops doing much about this. With all the budget cuts, I'm sure they could use those resources on more important matters like higher profile cases, etc.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Surprised they even took prints. Around here they just say call your insurance company. Good luck!

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
That sucks. At least they took prints. When I was in highschool someone tried to steal my car. They smashed my window and trashed the hell out of my steering column. Little did they know my battery was unhooked. The cops didn't care at all. I had to bitch at them to even come look.

Someone stole the JVC radio out of my car in the high school parking lot while I was on a school trip. They busted out the passenger side window with a brick and stole it and nothing else. The cops came and fingerprinted, but they fingerprinted the drivers side door. :nonono:

semperfimrn1

Established Member
ya i was actually surprised on how fast the csi got to the house. hopefully the perp gets caught and pays for the damage..

ill check that website out for an alarm!

semperfimrn1

Established Member
Lol idk man. My bro had called 311 they asked if we wanted prints taken and not more then an hour later she showed up and took prints lol. She said she found some on the window so well see if they're ours or some douche

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
How in the hell you get them to take prints?

We will offer to dust for prints on vehicle break-ins. Some people will say sure, but most say no thanks. The problem with that is the terrible mess it creates in the vehicle. Fingerprint dust is very difficult to clean after it gets on carpet and other fabric. Yes there would be a chance to recoup a professional detailing cost IF an offender is found and convicted. But you get the mess and added hassle either way. I would never refuse to dust someones car if they requested. But I always warn them of the mess it creates.

But remember fingerprints are kinda useless if there is nothing to compare them too. The majority of car break-ins that are solved occur when the offender gets caught with identifiable property (either committing other crimes or property is found during traffic stops etc..), or a witness/additional suspect gives up the offender.

OP, sucks you have to deal with this crap. I hope everything works out for ya.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Id get Lo-jack and viper alarm. If you have a smart phone you can apps specifically designed for certain alarms. So you can be away from your car and see if its being messed with. Pretty cool.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
We will offer to dust for prints on vehicle break-ins. Some people will say sure, but most say no thanks. The problem with that is the terrible mess it creates in the vehicle. Fingerprint dust is very difficult to clean after it gets on carpet and other fabric. Yes there would be a chance to recoup a professional detailing cost IF an offender is found and convicted. But you get the mess and added hassle either way. I would never refuse to dust someones car if they requested. But I always warn them of the mess it creates.

But remember fingerprints are kinda useless if there is nothing to compare them too. The majority of car break-ins that are solved occur when the offender gets caught with identifiable property (either committing other crimes or property is found during traffic stops etc..), or a witness/additional suspect gives up the offender.

Thanks for the info. I'm curious to know what are the odds the criminal gets caught after you all collect the prints. I was always under the impression that dusting for fingerprints were only for murder scenes and such and that if the owner of a car were to ask for finger prints, they would get denied and laughed at like the other poster said.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

That very interesting info on the fingerprinting. I never knew it created a mess.

OP, sorry to hear about the break-in. Fortunately they didn't do more damage than they did, and fortunate that it wasn't stolen. Hope you find a good alarm system. Just curious. Do you park your car on the street?

Ironhand

Banned
Sucks to hear OP. Maybe try to put the car in a garage or covered parking with some lighting next time?

Also, If you see someone trying to break into the car again, just shoot them and call it a day. Leave the body in the yard to scare off other would be thief's.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
That very interesting info on the fingerprinting. I never knew it created a mess.

OP, sorry to hear about the break-in. Fortunately they didn't do more damage than they did, and fortunate that it wasn't stolen. Hope you find a good alarm system. Just curious. Do you park your car on the street?

Most people don't know that processing prints at a scene is a very messy task indeed because on CSI on tv, it's never messy. Another myth is that they can magically match the prints to a suspect in 20 seconds, and have arrest warrants, suspect arrested, and at trial in the remaining 35 minutes.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
I'm sorry to hear that.. The first time my car was broken into, the cops wouldn't even come out. thhey didn't even look at it. I had to drive to the police station to make a report.

The second time was just an attempt but my son scared the perp away. Would've been useless to call after my first experience. Finally moving to somewhere else my car was broken into again. This time and place they came out and even dusted for prints. Nothing ever came of it but at least they made an effort.

semperfimrn1

Established Member
i found this one. anybody have it by chance???

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Viper-Responder-350-Security-4-button/dp/B00445TG52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307073624&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Viper Responder 350 2-way Car Alarm Security System w/ Keyless Entry, One LCD 2-way Remote and One 4-button 1-way Remote: Electronics[/ame]

yea the car was on the street when it happened. the CSI told me she was surprised it happen in my neighborhoood cause they hardly get anything where i live but hey if its a dumb f*ck and they want something, they'll get it.

so well see what happens with all that

Users who are viewing this thread