Porting Stock Supercharger, Fist Attempt.

mobeydick

Established Member
Porting Stock Supercharger, First Attempt.

It's not finished. What you think so far?
100_1215_zpsdbd34099.gif

100_1214_zps1d8c4e8f.gif

Last edited:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I used the big elbow, one that's for a TVS. Its much bigger than the small one. It requires welded at the bottom of the blower intake. Some have used epoxy instead of welding. Look close and you can see where i welded it and milled it back down. Also to the left of the bottom of blower intake, left side bolt you can see welding lines. I ported the elbow first and port matched the blower intake. Welded up the silencer holes and no porting to the underside of the blower. Made 615 on Justin's dyno. Wasn't happy with it so i had Jon do his best race tune on 100 oct fuel. It made 640 HP with 650 torque last time it was on a dyno with Jons tune. 65 MM FR T/body, 123 CAI, No cats, 390 gears.

08blkshelby

Established Member
I used the big elbow, one that's for a TVS. Its much bigger than the small one. It requires welded at the bottom of the blower intake. Some have used epoxy instead of welding. Look close and you can see where i welded it and milled it back down. Also to the left of the bottom of blower intake, left side bolt you can see welding lines. I ported the elbow first and port matched the blower intake. Welded up the silencer holes and no porting to the underside of the blower. Made 615 on Justin's dyno. Wasn't happy with it so i had Jon do his best race tune on 100 oct fuel. It made 640 HP with 650 torque last time it was on a dyno with Jons tune. 65 MM FR T/body, 123 CAI, No cats, 390 gears.

What upper and lower pulleys are you using? Exhaust setup? Very nice strong numbers!!!:rockon:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Mine is ported already as well but I have a VMP elbow on the way now so I will be re porting the inlet now before installation.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The "complete" port comes from the hand work that you need to do on the transition from the roof to the rotor bores. If you look you'll clearly see a "male" radius there now. You need to get rid of that radius in my opinion to get the most out of it. That is also the reason I always said we sold the best port and spent the most time on them (but sold them cheaper). If there was something to cut that you couldn't see other than the inlet or the outlet then it was removed.

That way we never could sell or market an upgrade.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
very nice OP, what are you using to go off of? or are you just taking off whatever you think is good? Curious just incase of future adventures with my car.

mobeydick

Established Member
very nice OP, what are you using to go off of? or are you just taking off whatever you think is good? Curious just incase of future adventures with my car.

First let me say I've been planning this for several years. When I first started (about 9 months ago) I was going by what I thought should go off of photos online. I hand ported one (short bit) and it was clear there had to be a better way. About the only thing you can do is blend the mating surfaces. I figured I would buy either a Stegy or Posi ported SC and see what would be a better route to take. About 4 months I found a Posi Ported SC (#116) for sale on another site and picked it up for $550.00 I don't know which Elbow was used on this port job. Unless it was a welded stocker, the lower left would leak if not. This photo is how a current VMP Elbow would mate.

100_1222.gif
My longer bits should be here tomorrow.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Hmm ok, so you have been working on this for a while. Thanks for the response. How about the underside of the blower where the rotors are? Any basis there or?

Again thanks!

mobeydick

Established Member
The "complete" port comes from the hand work that you need to do on the transition from the roof to the rotor bores. If you look you'll clearly see a "male" radius there now. You need to get rid of that radius in my opinion to get the most out of it. That is also the reason I always said we sold the best port and spent the most time on them (but sold them cheaper). If there was something to cut that you couldn't see other than the inlet or the outlet then it was removed.

That way we never could sell or market an upgrade.
Do you mean this area.
Before
100_1227.gif

100_1228.gif

After
100_1234.gif

100_1233.gif

When I'm finished I would like you to critique my workmanship.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread