Porting my Eaton S/C

tcwebb

2003 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I recently bought a 2003 SVT Cobra. ive had it for maybe a month or so and I am ready to start modding it. I dont have huge plans for it but I would like to change the blower pulley and put the Steeda 2.81" blower pulley and change the belt and tune the car. What advantages could i expect from also porting my Eaton Supercharger? prices? hp gains? is it worth it?

might be a stupid question but im new to the whole SVT thing. i just swapped out the Camaro SS for it so im still learning. Thanks a lot though!!

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
check out the terminator FAQS. it will help you out alot.

and with a 2.81 upper pulley with a tune you can see anywhere from 450-480rwhp depending on your tune. A ported blower you can see anywhere from 490-580rwhp depedning on your mods and tune.

research some more around here, you will find all your answers out.

quikcobra

Established Member
For the buck ill give the port a go, I think its around $500 on here. I had sold my eaton swap to a guy on here. It had the stage 4 (From their pictures) and no sliencer holes. It screamed and ran like a boy named cheddar. They have videos and numbers of each stage to pick your poison.

I am not marketing for them just offering you some budget advice other then spending 3k on an upgraded charger.

tcwebb

2003 SVT Cobra
Established Member
yeah thats what im thinking. id much rather go with the pulley, tune and port job and be completely satisfied with 500hp or so then to spend 3g's on a kenne bell or whipple

92stanglx

Established Member
yeah thats what im thinking. id much rather go with the pulley, tune and port job and be completely satisfied with 500hp or so then to spend 3g's on a kenne bell or whipple

Think of going a similar route once I get some cash together :) One thing I have learned from modding cars I have owned in the past is to talk to your tuner before you select your combo. They will give you a lot of really good advice based on what they have seen work and not work.

More importantly they usually have preferences on the type of setup they prefer to tune (ie MAF, programmer, fuel, etc).

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
A lot of my information is posted above and I'd love to get your business.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase of your new Cobra.
With the Posi port and 2.8 pulley you will be in the 500hp range easlily.
That is the combo I started with years ago..
Once you get your parts on you will need a great custom tune.
A bunch of us have used Justin at VMP Tuning in Deltona.
He has been tuning my car for 5 years with great results and he also tunes a bunch of my friends cars.
VMP Tuning is also a supporting vendor on this site.
Best of luck with your car.

dynobobstieg

04 Cobra-500 Rwhp-the Easy Way

Stiegemeier Ported Blower, Throttle Body and Plenum 60 RWHP

2.76 BilletFlow Upper Pulley

100 mm Idler

Belt

CAI (unshrouded filter type)

NGK TR6 spark plugs
Tuner

14.5 #s boost steady no drop

That will get you to 500 RWHP

EVERY Ported Blower sent out of my shop has IDENTICAL PERFORMANCE-We stand by our workmanship Always have and Always Will.

Stiegemeier Porting has led the way to the 500 RWHP Cobra Club-Over 6 years and 2800+ Satisfied Customers -Why consider anyone else

Spark plugs will be factory gap at .038 confirm and install with a smear of anti seize on threads -Don't over tighten!
(We send an Information packet with all of our Ported Blowers Torque specks included) Please READ It.

graphken.jpg
[/

To say blower ports differ from vehicle to vehicle is Untrue IF the Porting is IDENTICAL-UNIT TO UNIT.
The Improved CFM will be repeated and so will your Horse Power Gain-CAR to CAR.

Your IAT2 will drop 23 Degrees this helps power and longevity.

More Information, data, testimonies, ect...
Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob
Stiegemeier :burnout:
Visit our website :
StiegeSplash
Call, pm or email
636-949-2275
636-925-1656
[email protected]
We will answer all of your questions and concerns, we have a very knowledgeable staff if I am not available.
Thanks

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I recently bought a 2003 SVT Cobra. ive had it for maybe a month or so and I am ready to start modding it. I dont have huge plans for it but I would like to change the blower pulley and put the Steeda 2.81" blower pulley and change the belt and tune the car. What advantages could i expect from also porting my Eaton Supercharger? prices? hp gains? is it worth it?

might be a stupid question but im new to the whole SVT thing. i just swapped out the Camaro SS for it so im still learning. Thanks a lot though!!

Do a ported blower and lower pulley and then bring it to me for a dyno-tune, 500rwhp will be no problem. I'm not too far away from daytona.

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
I can give you my real world numbers since I just started mod'ing my cobra. I'm going off the numbers that I remember and also I've converted the 2nd dyno from a mustang dyno to dynojet numbers:

414rw - bone stock

470rw/480tq - Stock eaton, K&N FIPK II, Bassani catback + X pipe w/hi-flo cats, lightning 2.76 upper pulley, all new idlers. This was with approx 22* timing. 12:1 a/f and approx 13-14psi of boost.

500rw/510tq - swapped stock eaton for home ported eaton + home ported throttle body and swapped lightning 2.76 for billetforce 2.76 upper. This was done with approx 19-20* timing, 11.49 a/f, and approx 12psi of boost.

I'm very pleased with the numbers. The ported blower will be a lot more efficient throughout the rpm range.

BTW, posi, thank you so much for taking time out to answer my questions even though I've never done business with you!

-Tim

Users who are viewing this thread