ported twin screw?

stal94gt

Established Member
Was wondering if any company like posi or steg has ever attempted to port a whipple or kb. If so where the results positive? It seems like a good way to make a small twin screw compete with the large blower guys with out generating so much heat.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
There was a guy with a yellow vert running at Kilkare in Xenia, OH that had a steg ported Whipple. I believe that he had a thread somewhere on SVTP, but I don't know his SN and I think that it has been a few years. It has happened, so try and search for it. It should be out there somewhere.

black 10th vert

Established Member
From what I have read over the years, the TS blowers are already very high on efficiency, so little can be gained by porting them the way you can with an Eaton. That being said, I did a full port and polish on the inlet of my Whipple, as well as the lower intake while my Whipple was being rebuilt. I have no idea if I made big gains, or not, but since I have the tools, and ability, I decided that it couldn't hurt, since it only cost me some abrasives, and my time.

stal94gt

Established Member
It was just a thought. It was thinking getting my 2.9 ported would help improve efficiency and reduce intake temps and provide more power without having to upgrade or pulley down

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Inlet work only would be where some gains "could" be made but right now I don't think it has been extensively tested yet on the 2.9's. I have one out with a Dragon on it and the owner did a little work on the inlet but that's about it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Do you have long tube headers? Didn't see those. I'd do that with a 2.9L. Check with POSI on intake mods.

^this! I feel you would see more benefit with a 2.9 by running longtubes, and increasing the exhaust flow. You could run a bit more boost safely that way also. Much better way to spend the money inmo. If doing it yourself, then you can definitely improve the flow on the inlet by smoothing out the bends, casting flaws, etc., but honestly the 2.9 is already way up there on efficiency, and airflow, so I wouldn't bother unless it was already apart for some reason like my 2.3 was.

stal94gt

Established Member
Long tubes will come once I start my budget motor build. Probably just get my block machined, crank turned, new bearings, reuse my rods, 14 cc pistons, and ported heads with stock cams. We will see. This post was mostly just a thought and was wondering if the smaller ts guys had tried it

TRBO VNM

I have an KB 2.2 I am putting on a guys car that has the inlet modified. It is a larger inlet and looks like there was some port work done. Posi just modified it so we can use a dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread