• Stage IV and V are basically identical with an upper and lower pulley

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Stage IV is actually more efficient when both pullies are considered

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrickStang37

Established Member
Which makes more power. I know straight up with an upper only, the Stage 5 is SUPPOSED to make more power, but does the Stage 5 still make more power than the 4 when both are running a lower pulley along with an upper? Or does it lose it's edge and make basically the same power?

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Nobody can answer this lol. Stave IV's are plenty proven and the V's not so much yet.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I agree with Brian. It's all a matter of time before hundreds of people give feed back on the Stage V and then we'll be a little bit closer to the truth.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I hope to find out shortly because I have a fully polished stage5 that's waiting to be installed with a 2.93/4lb. combo. Hoping it will be in the low 500/500 range anyway.

TrickStang37

Established Member
I hope to find out shortly because I have a fully polished stage5 that's waiting to be installed with a 2.93/4lb. combo. Hoping it will be in the low 500/500 range anyway.

i think this poll is posted too early too. not very many people with the stage V.

I do hope you make the low 500/500, im going to be running a stage 5 with 2.76 / 3# lower most likely, in the near future.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Well the stage 5 is supposed to make more hp and more tq so you would think it would outperform the stage 4 no matter how fast you spin it... only time will tell though.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Bob Stegemeier certainly put a lot of time and testing into the Stage V options and delayed it's release until he was certain he had an improved product, so I would venture to say it is probably more efficient than the Stage III/IV. How much more efficient?.......That's the question.

Don't seem to be many Stage V's around and the ones that have been dynoed have attained similiar results to the Stage IVs. Appears his Stage III/IV series were pretty darn good and not a whole lot more to be gained with porting the Eaton.

TrickStang37

Established Member
Bob Stegemeier certainly put a lot of time and testing into the Stage V options and delayed it's release until he was certain he had an improved product, so I would venture to say it is probably more efficient than the Stage III/IV. How much more efficient?.......That's the question.

Don't seem to be many Stage V's around and the ones that have been dynoed have attained similiar results to the Stage IVs. Appears his Stage III/IV series were pretty darn good and not a whole lot more to be gained with porting the Eaton.

i agree. he does only have a 5 hp difference between the stage 4 and 5 and 10 tq, im just wondering if the 4 and 5 have any power difference with both an upper and lower.

And I guess another question would be whether or not the IAT2's are improved on the 5 with an upper and lower in comparison to a stage 4.

Last edited:

TrickStang37

Established Member
ok, this one kind of scared me:

dynorun2and3.jpg

this guy has a 2.76 with a 2# lower. butt load of tq but hp was somewhat lacking. its a 94 mustang with an 04 cobra powertrain:

My combo is 04 cobra motor
stage 5+ port
accufab TB and plenum
60 lb injectors
JLT RAI
SCT2800 maf
Mac Longtubes
x pipe
mac catback (all 2 1/2")
2.76 upper
2 lb lower
4 piece idlers
all egr removed as is boost by pass solenoid
drivers side head cooling mod
TR7 IX plugs gapped around .035"
Fore fuel hat with twin GT pumps

A/F was around 11.5 - 11.8
Max boost was 14 dropping to 13.
Timing is supposed to be max of 21 degrees.

TrickStang37

Established Member
i posted the question on his website, we'll see what his response will be (although, im sure he's going to say the stage 5 is the way to go). i would prefer to have real world info to compare.

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
My stage V+ saw 483/467 in 110 degree shop temp, maxed pumps at 5300rpm and no mafia with inlet temps of 153....so needless to say waiting on the BAP, mafia and heat exhanger and then Ill get back to ya haha

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
So far we haven't seen many stage 5's put out any numbers that are significantly higher than stage 3 or 4 blowers.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
My stage V should be on next month with a 2.76/4# lower setup. I know it's overspin but we'll see how it does...

mrose75

Established Member
I was just wondering this exact this a few minutes ago. I'm interested in seeing what the outcome is.

terminated94

Banned
ok, this one kind of scared me:

dynorun2and3.jpg

this guy has a 2.76 with a 2# lower. butt load of tq but hp was somewhat lacking. its a 94 mustang with an 04 cobra powertrain:

My combo is 04 cobra motor
stage 5+ port
accufab TB and plenum
60 lb injectors
JLT RAI
SCT2800 maf
Mac Longtubes
x pipe
mac catback (all 2 1/2")
2.76 upper
2 lb lower
4 piece idlers
all egr removed as is boost by pass solenoid
drivers side head cooling mod
TR7 IX plugs gapped around .035"
Fore fuel hat with twin GT pumps

A/F was around 11.5 - 11.8
Max boost was 14 dropping to 13.
Timing is supposed to be max of 21 degrees.

That dyno was not very accurate. Please don't trust those numbers.

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
the porting of the 4 and 5 are the same right. please correct me if I am wrong. the only difference is the plate mounted to the bottom to aid in the dead space under the blower from manufacturing. From what I have read this plate just redirects air back into the intercooler, to prevent a lag if you will, from the dead space as it fills will air. Unless this plate creates some kind of messed up turbelance under high boost, it can't be any worse than the stage 4 and only better. What I am wondering is if this plate is used with nitrous could it possible create a pocket of unburned NOS under the plate and could it lead to problems. You are wondering if BOB has done testing with lower pullies with higher boost numbers to compare the ports, I am wondering If he has done any tests on the effects of NITROUS with at least the stage 5. We all know the stage 4 is a monster with spray.

Users who are viewing this thread