ported/pullied Cobra VS turbo Civic+ more

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
BlakeLT1WS6 said:
think about it now, 32v 4.6 kb cobras, 10.xx at around 130mph-average around 17psi

civic, 1.8L, 10.7 at 139 at 27psi

It's also comparing a supercharged car that makes power through out the power band, to a peaky turbo car that only makes power from 5,500rpms+.

Not to mention a sub 2500lb FWD car with likely slicks, pure race fuel, a built motor, etc.. Vs. a Cobra with drag radials, stock motor and pump gas.

That civic is impressive, but I don't agree with your comparisons.

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
I could care less how 'cool' it is. I want to go fast on a buget, not drop 25grand on a engine just to run high 10's. I do hate on civics, cause I have yet to see a fast one. Yes I know they are out there, but I still could care less if I got beat by one.

Cobra....3500lbs....Civic....2500lbs. Its more than just engine discplacement. I'm done arguing. I think all FWD cars should not run tens :D

did you miss the part where i said he has around $12000 in the whole car.
and im sorry you dont think that a 10 second street car, much less a 4 cylinder , is fast.
i guess your just so used to your 8 second 5.0.
and im sorry some people choose light cars over heavy cars.

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
SBo3 said:
It's also comparing a supercharged car that makes power through out the power band, to a peaky turbo car that only makes power from 5,500rpms+.

Not to mention a sub 2500lb FWD car with likely slicks, pure race fuel, a built motor, etc.. Vs. a Cobra with drag radials, stock motor and pump gas.

That civic is impressive, but I don't agree with your comparisons.

yes the root supercharged, v8 does have a better power band but a 10.7 is a 10.7 no matter how you look at it.

and you dont really think that a 1990 civic is gonna be as fast as a $25000 cobra without having alot done to it do you?

i know that a supercharged cobra is one of the easiest cars in the world to make fast, but look how much they cost!!!

damn haters- give the guy some credit

Rookie Venom

Established Member
why do people hate ricers so much? Its more challenging to make a civic a threat to a v-8. Making a grocery getter into a bonafide racecar is an accomplishment...financialy and physically. Its easy to bolt on a KB blower, tune it and call it a day. A real enthusiast should be able to appreciate the ricer mentality.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
BlakeLT1WS6 said:
yes the root supercharged, v8 does have a better power band but a 10.7 is a 10.7 no matter how you look at it.

and you dont really think that a 1990 civic is gonna be as fast as a $25000 cobra without having alot done to it do you?

i know that a supercharged cobra is one of the easiest cars in the world to make fast, but look how much they cost!!!

damn haters- give the guy some credit

I said the car was impressive, I don't see what a Cobra has to do with it though. I just think those displacement comparsions are retarded, there are many other advantages than just peak hp. It's impressive by itself, comparing it to a "32v 4.6 kb Cobra" doesn't make it more impressive.

BlakeLT1WS6 said:
think about it now, 32v 4.6 kb cobras, 10.xx at around 130mph-average around 17psi

civic, 1.8L, 10.7 at 139 at 27psi

:poke:

mr2cam

Established Member
Yes you can make a civic fast for less than it would cost to buy a cobra, but honestly which would you rather have? I would pick the terminator any day over a FWD ricer, but that is just me :).

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
mr2cam said:
Yes you can make a civic fast for less than it would cost to buy a cobra, but honestly which would you rather have? I would pick the terminator any day over a FWD ricer, but that is just me :).

i never said i wouldnt rather have a cobra, but that doesnt mean people have to talk shit about every car that they MAY NOT LIKE.

and YOUR calling it a ricer?

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
yeah some would rather have the cobra obviously, maybe everyone is this world should just drive around in terminators only, would that make u guys happy lol. Give credit were its due, good vid, and some fast freaking cars! :rockon:

mr2cam

Established Member
BlakeLT1WS6 said:
i never said i wouldnt rather have a cobra, but that doesnt mean people have to talk shit about every car that they MAY NOT LIKE.

and YOUR calling it a ricer?

Yes I am calling a civic a ricer, you can call me a ricer too but at least I can run down the track on street tires and a full interior and still pull off a decent time.

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
that civic has run 7s in the 1/8 at 95mph on street tires with around 350hp and that car has always had full interior-
so yea
try again

mr2cam

Established Member
BlakeLT1WS6 said:
that civic has run 7s in the 1/8 at 95mph on street tires with around 350hp and that car has always had full interior-
so yea
try again

Ya and I bet he has only spent $200 in mods and has 500,000 miles on the stock block and drives it daily too huh?

macworld

Established Member
as far as bashing a $12,000 motor, i think that you should look at how much your motor in your 03-04 cobras run. i think that they are around the same amount. i dont see a difference in that money in a civic, or a mustang. either way, you could go a lot faster for the money, so it really doesnt matter.

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
mr2cam said:
Ya and I bet he has only spent $200 in mods and has 500,000 miles on the stock block and drives it daily too huh?

no , he has spent around 12k including the car, no it has about 5k miles on the SLEEVED block, YES he does drive it daily, and whether you like it or not, it did run 7s @ 95 with street tires and 350hp
thank you
bye

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
BlakeLT1WS6 said:
that civic has run 7s in the 1/8 at 95mph on street tires with around 350hp

Post a vid, I've never seen a FWD car go that quick on a true street tire.. Even with slicks they have a hard time cutting sub 1.9 short times..Sorry I don't believe it.

Last edited:

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
IM WRONG
i could lye but i will admit , im wrong
i talked to him, keep in mind this was over a year ago back with his old setup, (about 175hp less)

the best he ever ran with out lsd on TRUE skinny street tires was 8.38 @ 92, the 7.s were with slicks.

BUT he has not run the car on street tires with lsd and his new setup.

but he has cut 1.6 60 foots with slicks with the new setup.

heres a video from a few months ago showing one of his 10.7 passes.
he was only getting 1.8 60 foots at this track.

Silver Dollar Raceway in real player format

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
it would not be hard for his car to run 7s with some good street tires now that he has lsd and alot more power.

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
You can make any POS fast but then all you have is a fast POS........

Civics as a "racecar" are dumb. How about he spend some money and make the car all one color....How retarded to have a car with 4 different colors...ohh but it's a "Racecar". Vrrooom.....VRoooom biotch:loser:

OxfordMach

You bet your ass its FAST
Established Member
BlakeLT1WS6 said:
but a 10.7 is a 10.7 no matter how you look at it.
Yea but much rather look at a 10.7 cobra over a 10.7 civic...I just can't imagine what a 10sec civic would sound like...:xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread