ported intake

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SUp man...never heard from you. Still want the rims?

Contact Carlos (Nazman)...he is one of the best and frequents here and the reg.

Mach 1 Boy

Established Member
how much does that cost? Im at 335wrhp 338wtrq with jlt intake vlr o/r x-pipe and mac cat-back. im definetly considering doing this.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
PM Roy on Mach 1 Registry for pricing. His name on M1R is just Roy.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Probably a Mustang or Superflow dyno with the "Dynojet correction." Their version of Dynojet numbers almost always seem to be way higher than actual Dynojet numbers. Either that or they were uncorrected numbers from a day with way negative DA.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I have a brand new Mach intake that I just completed porting and would like to get some hp numbers. I would like it to be installed on a bolt-on only motor and am willing to make someone a good deal. The runners are cleaned up from entry to exit...even the top portion that everyone else leaves untouched. Every part of this intake that could be imporved has been touched.

The bottom has to be welded back on and that will be done in the next week or so.

I can email pics if you are interested; my emai is nasvt at yahoo

I know what others charge for this work and I guarantee that this intake will make as much or more than the others and leave you with some money left over for a dyno tune. The reason I'm selling this one cheap is that I want to know the gains it provides but I don't have a car to test it on...even if I did I would then have to pay for the dyno. So, my loss is your gain.

I will say to not expect 335rwhp from this mod... :banana:

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Interesting. Are you willing to post pics of the work? You could always toss it into the ported intake comparo bris09 and machgsxr appear to be getting ready for.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Interesting. Are you willing to post pics of the work?

Yup, there's no sense in keeping it secret cause once you well it the secret is out. I'll take some pics with the crappy camera phone tonite. I would even be willing to ship the intake without the bottom installed so the buyer can see the work that's been done.

Below are a couple pics that were taken before all the work was done. Since the pictures were taken the top has been polished (for looks only) and the six holes that feed the lower plenum have been made even larger. Also, a lot of work has been done on the underside of the runners (removed the shelf) and the entry of the one odd-shaped runner has also been modified since the pics were taken.
[/
[URL=http://imageshack.us] [/

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Looking good. When you say removed the shelf, are you referring to the lower plenum "roof" that all the the runners tie into?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Looking good. When you say removed the shelf, are you referring to the lower plenum "roof" that all the the runners tie into?

No, when you look down the holes that feed the lower plenum you see a part the protrudes into the flow path. I've removed all of it so there is nothing obstruciting flow. I'd take a pic of an unmodifed intake but the two I have that area modified. The pic below shows the area:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread