Ported Eaton Verification

jrichber

browser
Established Member
If you want to see what a posi looks like goto the how to section. Posi posted pics of his ports and and the exact specs of his ports.

cj428mach

Established Member
Posi was good but IMO why buy used when you can get it done urself and stegi will make great numbers too. I liked my Posi but if I did it again I would not hunt down a ported one, I would send my own to get done.

I think by the time you send a blower off to get rebuilt(probably talked into a rebuild) you'll end up with almost half the cost of a used twin screw. I've seen a lot of people say their bills were $1000-1200.

Last edited:

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I think by the time you send a blower off to get rebuilt(probably talked into a rebuild) you'll end up with almost half the cost of a twin screw.

Not even and he shouldnt need a rebuild, a twin screw your looking at $3500 at the least plus TB with fuel upgrades, not to mention clutch upgrades will be around the corner.

G04cobra

Established Member
POSI also did some collaboration work with TF...Those have the POSI stamp as well but look a litte different from the bottom just FYI...

We should sticky a POSI port thread with the names of the owners of legit POSI ports to prevent this POSI black market from forming:shrug:

cj428mach

Established Member
Not even and he shouldnt need a rebuild, a twin screw your looking at $3500 at the least plus TB with fuel upgrades, not to mention clutch upgrades will be around the corner.

As I said you see quite a few people spending 1000-1200 on new ported superchargers. If you're going to spend that much I say spend a little more and get a used twin screw which is about 2k+. The rest of the mods you listed probably would be the same with the ported blower. I can tell it took less than a months time to be bored of the 13PSI twin screw, then about another months time to grow tired of the 15PSI after bumping it up. I'm now currently on 17PSI and it still needs more.

I had my car apart to put a ported blower on and I'm so glad I decided to sell it and go twin screw. I already had the BAP, MAF, and injectors done to be safe with the port so it really only involved dropping a better blower on.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Is this a real Posi? Now I am paranoid about buying a used Posi bc the other dude tried to bs me with a home port

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

It's hard to tell, but is the inlet ported? I have seen some ports by posi called street ports where he only ports the inlet not the outlet. But it's hard to see if that inlets been worked or not.

smknvette

Established Member
It's hard to tell, but is the inlet ported? I have seen some ports by posi called street ports where he only ports the inlet not the outlet. But it's hard to see if that inlets been worked or not.

I think you are right. The inlet looks worked to me but that's it. I remember seeing something about a street port before but don't think I have ever seen any pics of one.......

ctgreddy

Established Member
I saw someone on here selling one a while back, looked like he had a hard time selling it but I guess posi said the race port is only worth another ~10whp over the street port, according to that seller anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread