Ported Eaton Verification

MisterChrome

Established Member

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
If its a Posi it will have his name in the front lower part that bolts to the intercooler with his serial # stamped on it. GL and let us know if you find it.

46stang

Established Member
Both Steggy and Posi stamp the case in the front lower left and right corners of the case. OR In my case I had a stage 1 steggy and later I had Posi update it so now it has both. lol. here's a pic so you know what to look for.

009_zps26162497.jpg

008_zpsd6fe6597.jpg

MisterChrome

Established Member
so they both stamp on both lower left and right and do all eaton's on these cobra have the same serial/model #206729 stamped inside the blower?

Last edited:

MisterChrome

Established Member
Is this a real Posi? Now I am paranoid about buying a used Posi bc the other dude tried to bs me with a home port

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

MisterChrome

Established Member
From the bottom pics this is a stock blower with no port.

Are you serious!? Dang, this is the 2nd person trying to do this. How the hell can you trust anyone to buy a used Posi!? What about those serial #s on the inside of the housing? Are all cobra eatons numbered the same?

MisterChrome

Established Member
Those are the casting serial numbers

Ok, so each one is not unique. This guys pictures shows Posi Performance stamped on the lower left but what makes it fake? Or how else could I know since I don't know how to compare the inside of a stock and ported eaton

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Ok, so each one is not unique. This guys pictures shows Posi Performance stamped on the lower left but what makes it fake? Or how else could I know since I don't know how to compare the inside of a stock and ported eaton

IDK how he did it but I had a posi and thats no posi the opening is alot bigger, you can google it and see othe pics and compare it to a stock one. go to Posi site and see his port work.

Race Port

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Like I asked earlyier tho, how much are you trying to spend on a Posi because those who really do have one want like $500-700 for it, you can get you blower ported for that money.

MisterChrome

Established Member
Wow what shitbag for trying to sell it without a port and forging posi stamp.

Seriously though!

IDK how he did it but I had a posi and thats no posi the opening is alot bigger, you can google it and see othe pics and compare it to a stock one. go to Posi site and see his port work.

Race Port

That is what I noticed but I am no expert to tell bc I am basing it off pictures and not in person viewing. That is why I want to rely and trust you guys and just expect to see a REAL POSI STAMP

Like I asked earlyier tho, how much are you trying to spend on a Posi because those who really do have one want like $500-700 for it, you can get you blower ported for that money.

Well that is what I was willing to pay and I know I could just get mine done by Stieg but I just haven't because EVERYONE on this forum keeps pushing Posi. I think I may consider that route though bc I cant trust these used posi sellers

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Posi will always stamp his port # ex: POSI 221

It will be located on the bottom right.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Posi was good but IMO why buy used when you can get it done urself and stegi will make great numbers too. I liked my Posi but if I did it again I would not hunt down a ported one, I would send my own to get done.

46stang

Established Member
Mine only had POSI on it no, "PERF" with it as seen in the pic above. I was one of the last people to get his port as he closed his business when he was porting mine. Mine was stamped with the #400. you can kind of make it out over the pic of Steggy in mine. So, any posi port will likely also be stamped with a number between 2-399.
Also that is NOT a POSI port. and the guy trying to pass it off as such is either a real P.O.S., or he was duped by someone else and he thought it was a posi when he bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread