ported eaton question!!!!

NSSVT

Established Member
im interested in a stage 4 ported eaton for sale on here. just wondering is it safe to put on my truck without a dyno tune, running stock pullies. as i dont have anybody within a decent distance that can do a dyno tune. i have a diablo programmer though. will i notice any performance diferrence with this blower vs my stock m112. i have a bbk twin 65mm tb, K&N fipk, welded in mufflers and a diablo programmer. very interested in doing this soon! if its safe to do so

NSSVT

Established Member
mark, is youe 02 lightning with the ported blower and pulley on a hand held tuner or a dyno tune?

RMoore92

Established Member
You could put it on but I wouldn't recommend going WOT. The ported blower will add boost and will your fuel trims in boost will be off and could cause it to lean out and cause damage.

Mark185

Established Member
mark, is youe 02 lightning with the ported blower and pulley on a hand held tuner or a dyno tune?

It's running an amazon tune with an SCT x3. Stage 4 ported and a 6lb lower. No dyno tune, but it does run a little rich at WOT.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You could put it on but I wouldn't recommend going WOT. The ported blower will add boost and will your fuel trims in boost will be off and could cause it to lean out and cause damage.

This. You'll need a tune to be safe.

It's running an amazon tune with an SCT x3. Stage 4 ported and a 6lb lower. No dyno tune, but it does run a little rich at WOT.

That's how Rick's mail order tunes are sent out, extra safe on the a/f.

SvtRacing

Established Member
buy that ported eaton and install a 4lb lower or 6lb lower and a tune and youll see night and day difference. i have a 4lb lower forsale pm if you interested.

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
I would venture to say it is safe without any pulleys.

A ported blower should lower your IAT2 temps and flow a little more.

When I ported mine I saw a 10 degree drop in IAT2 temps but I already had a 4 pounder on there with a Predator canned tune which is very rich but safe.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Call Tousley, ask for Steve, check on a new longblock price. Then decide on if it's worth chancing. Hate to be the bad apple here but it's just not worth it. You could be adding quite a bit of hp so going lean is easily a possibility.

Plenty of Tuners on here to get you a good mail order tune and you'd be good to go.

DolSVT00

Established Member
im interested in a stage 4 ported eaton for sale on here. just wondering is it safe to put on my truck without a dyno tune, running stock pullies. as i dont have anybody within a decent distance that can do a dyno tune. i have a diablo programmer though. will i notice any performance diferrence with this blower vs my stock m112. i have a bbk twin 65mm tb, K&N fipk, welded in mufflers and a diablo programmer. very interested in doing this soon! if its safe to do so

Yes It will be fine with stock pullies, and most likely your canned tune will be fine too with it on stock pullies.

You will probably loose Power and torque from it unless you add pullies and get a tune.

Last edited:

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
If you have a predator just have your tuner e-mail you a new tune.

Until you get the tune.. just add as much fuel as you can at WOT. And try not to go WOT above 4000rpms until you get the updated tune.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread