Ported Eaton or 15% crankshaft damper

fastpny

Established Member
Ok so I'm going to run stock 08 damper instead of oversize because this blower is not just ported but has snake bite drive replacement which will supposedly push 16psi with stock pulleys. Also deleting cats with mid pipe. H/E, plugs, CAI and Kurgan Motorsports tune. If I can play with upper pulley sizes how much boost is safe, 17-18???

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If I can play with upper pulley sizes how much boost is safe, 17-18???

I don't recall anyone having more than 18 PSI on 93 pump. No way I would be comfortable with more than this on 93 octane.

The M122 Eaton will create significant more heat spinning that fast, so you are going to want a good heat exchanger system. Look into the Revan Racing unit from Van.

cluscher

Established Member
Without the fans, your IAT2 temps will not come down fast after a WOT run. The best HE performance achieved with my car was using Van's HE with straight tap water and this...

Amsoil Dominator Coolant Booster

*Summer use only when no anti-freeze is used - does not provide freeze protection*

Why not distilled??? And has there been any comparison of the Amsoil coolant booster to watter wetter?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Why not distilled??? And has there been any comparison of the Amsoil coolant booster to watter wetter?

Water Wetter foams, and it sucks when it foams.

Distilled water is ionized. Using ionized (polarity charged) water in a cooling system without antifreeze isn't good. The water will naturally leach metals from the cooling system to become neutral. The best thing to use is reverse osmosis drinking water, non-distilled. If you live in an area that has healthy drinkable tap water, like where I live, you can safely use local tap water with Coolant Booster.

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
Water Wetter foams, and it sucks when it foams.

Distilled water is ionized. Using ionized (polarity charged) water in a cooling system without antifreeze isn't good. The water will naturally leach metals from the cooling system to become neutral. The best thing to use is reverse osmosis drinking water, non-distilled. If you live in an area that has healthy drinkable tap water, like where I live, you can safely use local tap water with Coolant Booster.

Thank you sir :thumbsup: So I presume the Amsoil stuff has been working well?

Users who are viewing this thread