Ported Eaton or 15% crankshaft damper

fastpny

Established Member
2007 Shelby - Would you spend the $ for new lighter crankshaft pulley 10-15% over size for increase in boost or have Eaton ported for about same money. Pros/Cons???

Or if you changed to oversized pulley for 4psi and ported blower for an addition 4psi would it be as simple as 8psi or is there some trickery in there? If you added a 2.6 pulley would you have an increase of 11-12psi and blow the thing up or what? How does all that work?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It's a double edge sword that is begging for both. Only porting the blower will net you a 20-30 HP increase.

The lower pulley will give you 50 ft. lbs. of torque, but HP will not increase much without the ported blower due to air restrictions at high rpm.

Performing both will give you 50/50 increase, and it's well worth it.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Keep an eye out in the classifieds forum. Lots of good deals on lowers. I installed my ATI 15% (actually only about 11%) last summer and was happy. Bought Beasts ported blower back in December and installed. Havent ran it yet. Wont be able to dyno until this fall.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Keep an eye out in the classifieds forum. Lots of good deals on lowers. I installed my ATI 15% (actually only about 11%) last summer and was happy. Bought Beasts ported blower back in December and installed. Havent ran it yet. Wont be able to dyno until this fall.

It's now the FedEx import blower. :banana:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Get Brian at Posi Performance to port your Eaton IMO. He has seen gains of 40 RWHP with no other changes and this is a cheaper modification than the lower pulley. And he may soon have some options available to give you increased boost with his ported blowers without having to add a lower pulley.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It's a double edge sword that is begging for both. Only porting the blower will net you a 20-30 HP increase.

The lower pulley will give you 50 ft. lbs. of torque, but HP will not increase much without the ported blower due to air restrictions at high rpm.

Performing both will give you 50/50 increase, and it's well worth it.

The 1st upper only we did made 30hp more to the wheels and I feel comfortable telling people that's what can be had with porting on that setup.

The HP should increase with adding a lower as well because you're still not close to maxing out the Eaton. Should be another 20hp or so plus a lot of useable torque down low in the rpm's.

We basically said the same gains so we're on common ground. Just worded it a little differently.:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Everyone when someone finally pullies one of these things enough to get your hp to peak lower than 6,200rpm's and fall off like a rock after then we don't know how much boost can be thrown at a ported Eaton. Or the IAT2's start to sky rocket.

I'd still run a 2.6/15% combo and then maybe even a 2.4/15% combo to see if it's maxed out yet. I doubt it would be.

fastpny

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I bought Hasselhoff's snake bite blower in the market. Snake bite and plenum port, egr delete with venom coolers with 2.75 pulley. Going to go with stock 08-09 damper and delete the cats to free up the flow. Hope it works out for the best. Goal is 600rwhp. Will also be adding Kurgen Motorsports dyno tune, CAI, plugs and H/E.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I bought Hasselhoff's snake bite blower in the market. Snake bite and plenum port, egr delete with venom coolers with 2.75 pulley. Going to go with stock 08-09 damper and delete the cats to free up the flow. Hope it works out for the best. Goal is 600rwhp. Will also be adding Kurgen Motorsports dyno tune, CAI, plugs and H/E.

You will have no problem finding 600 rwhp with that setup, however....a HE better be in the near future. That blower is going to produce some heat, and you need to cool it down the best you can.

Revan Racing HE

For CAI, I'd take a good look at the JLT 127mm.

JLT 127mm

Last edited:

fastpny

Established Member
You will have no problem finding 600 rwhp with that setup, however....a HE better be in the near future. That blower is going to produce some heat, and you need to cool it down the best you can.

Revan Racing HE

For CAI, I'd take a good look at the JLT 127mm.

JLT 127mm

It does have the venom cooling lines on the front but I do plan on getting a H/E. Are the dual fans a must or would just a H/E suffice with no fans. It's half the price.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you need a JLT please let us know. We offer free shipping on their products anywhere in the Cont. USA.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It does have the venom cooling lines on the front but I do plan on getting a H/E. Are the dual fans a must or would just a H/E suffice with no fans. It's half the price.

Without the fans, your IAT2 temps will not come down fast after a WOT run. The best HE performance achieved with my car was using Van's HE with straight tap water and this...

Amsoil Dominator Coolant Booster

*Summer use only when no anti-freeze is used - does not provide freeze protection*

svo600

Established Member
Ive thought about doing the 15% lower as well, but hasnt there been some issues some have had around the crank getting damaged at high rpms with some of these?

bull3441

Established Member
2007 Shelby - Would you spend the $ for new lighter crankshaft pulley 10-15% over size for increase in boost or have Eaton ported for about same money. Pros/Cons???

Or if you changed to oversized pulley for 4psi and ported blower for an addition 4psi would it be as simple as 8psi or is there some trickery in there? If you added a 2.6 pulley would you have an increase of 11-12psi and blow the thing up or what? How does all that work?
since you have an '07, did you ever change the OEM damper? if not buy an '08+ damper to run with that Snake Bite

Users who are viewing this thread