Ported Eaton fueling?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Car will be getting a steigmeir ported Eaton next month. Pretty stock now has a k&n intake, off road h pipe, deatsch werks dual 340s, stock pulleys. Will use either a 2.9 or 2.76 with stock lower. I'll be happy with 450whp just want the blower to scream a little more. Should I upgrade injectors or maf also or will they be good for this setup?

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's a hard call. Some guys need them. Some don't. Having the bigger pumps will help you fuel wise. You can always get tuned and see if you hit the limits of the MAF and/or injectors. But if you have the budget then go for both and not worry when it comes time for the tune.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
My MAF was almost maxed at 470w, ported eaton, 2.76 pulley. I had my stock injectors "re-seized" to flow 55lbs-ish when Steggy ported the blower. I ran stock pumps and BAP, fueling was never an issue.

HPLouis

Established Member
That's a hard call. Some guys need them. Some don't. Having the bigger pumps will help you fuel wise. You can always get tuned and see if you hit the limits of the MAF and/or injectors. But if you have the budget then go for both and not worry when it comes time for the tune.
This right here. You might or might not need it. You'll be able to safely find out at the dynotune with a datalog. For me, on my older Terminators, I had the basics (2.76 pulley, intake, catback, mid pipe and exhaust) and I was really close with the MAF, fuel pump and stock injectors and I was at 440rwhp/470rwtq

With a port and long tubes added on top of those mods, I would have needed the BAP, injectors and MAF. On my ported car right now with a 2.8 pulley, I'm at 508rwhp/481rwtq

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
So sounds like maf and injectors would be a good idea. Ford racing 60s or 80s and anything else you guys recommend. I have an accufab tb matched to the elbow to go with it.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
So sounds like maf and injectors would be a good idea. Ford racing 60s or 80s and anything else you guys recommend. I have an accufab tb matched to the elbow to go with it.
I have a set of SD 60's I can take off and sell since I just got tuned and now need a set of 1050x injectors.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've tuned with the SD 60's before. They were cake. I wouldn't deal with 80's again though.

venom1307

Established Member
I just installed a KB BAP & BA3000 to support my New 2.76 Pulley.

Car also has an Accufab big single blade TB & Port matched elbow, JLT Hi Boost, Basanni X w/HF Cats, Magnaflow SS CatBack (might replace this though), Billet Flow idler pulleys with snub idler, Stewart HP water pump, AFCO Heat Exchanger, Cobra Engineering cross over delete with Thermostat Relocation, Head Cooling Mod, Rousch Tensioner. Car is an 04 with 38k on the clock.

I am thinking it’s going to need more fuel and planned to get it all tuned and ready to drive once I am done with the rest of my project.

Sounds like I should add a set of injectors to the list. I am still looking for a tuner since I just moved across the country to Scottsdale. Which injectors are better the Ford Racing 60 or the Siemens Deka 60’s ?

I read on here somewhere that someone said they bought the FR 60’s and when he got them they turned out to be SD… do they make them for ford or something, or are they actually different?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're not the first to ask this question. You're at that teetering point. With my '03 Cobra (455whp) with a 2.90 upper, stock lower, Accufab TB, aftermarket exhaust, I was fine with the factory MAF, injectors and pumps. When I ported Eaton, I was fine with the factory injectors but had to upgrade my fuel pumps and MAF. Others with an unported Eaton making 455-470whp found they had to upgrade their injectors as well.

I agree 100% with what Bob (@01yellercobra) said above about doing the MAF and injector upgrades now if your budget allow for it. Then you're set for the tuner and won't have to delay the tune until you get the parts installed. By the way, when I had my blower ported, I was told by a local shop that I probably wouldn't need to upgrade my injectors (I had already upgraded my MAF) and fuel pumps. I went to my local dyno where a well known tuner was a guest for the weekend. He had to suspend the session because I ran out of fuel. I had to order and install upgraded pumps, but since the tuner returned to Florida, I had to work with him remotely for an upgraded tune. A major hassle for me at the time that could have been avoided if I was more pro-active and listened to others who were pretty sure I'd need upgraded pumps. The tuner, by the way, told me the factory injectors were fine, so I didn't feel the need to upgrade them since I had no intention to push for more power. In hindsight, if I could turn back time, I would have upgraded my injectors since I was always about a safe and reliable setup.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think the Ford injectors are just rebadged SD's. Just make sure you get name brand injectors and you should be good.

FWIW, I've been tunning ID's and FIC's and they've been awesome.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Not really. I ran a 2400 in the past which was the predecessor to the 2600 and it worked fine. Just didn't have enough range for my set up. I used the 3000 with my eaton and it was easy to tune. I'm still running it in my current set up. If you're trying to figure out which one to go with I would go with the 3000. It'll give you room in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread