Ported blower Install question.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Im in the process of installing a new to me Eaton ported blower. included with this install is a ported dragon plenum, and Dragon single blade throttle body. I have a ba2600 MAF also I’m adding to the car.

Here lies the problem. When I tighten One end after I’ve installed all of this the other end loosens, at the stock intake tube.

Has anyone else run into a problem doing this? Is there a spacer recommended to get this to fit? The 1/2” would go pic #2

Thanks for help or recommendations

Chris

Edit, maybe I need to go RAI instead of my current CAI?

3AC70FF2-FAF1-4A24-9CE6-B241FB309953.jpeg

C03FBAAE-6C84-4D05-BFB2-BCA6CD40649E.jpeg

7C7F6175-653A-4450-8E6F-43E70E7E1502.jpeg

Last edited:

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I have a ported Eaton, dragon Plenum and TB, but with a stock MAF and JLT Ram air intake. I do not have the issue you are experiencing.

cobracide

Established Member
Loosen everything up, tighten the upper hose first and attach the CAI last. Try and split the difference between the tightness. I have the Dragon with JLT and it may be a little tight but it fits. The Carbon Fiber probably has more play than the metal tube you have on your CAI.

EDIT: I have a BA2400 plastic MAF

Last edited:

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Loosen everything up, tighten the upper hose first and attach the CAI last. Try and split the difference between the tightness. I have the Dragon with JLT and it may be a little tight but it fits. The Carbon Fiber probably has more play than the metal tube you have on your CAI.
Thank you. I will try this.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Weird. TBH my JLT RAI never fit 100% the way I liked with the rubber boot it came with. It would always slide around a little. I ended up getting a slightly wider boot for a better fit. I know you can't do that with your current set up. Just wanted to give you some food for thought.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thicker than I expected. 1/4"? Your friend did a nice job with that spacer. Awesome that you were able to resolve your fit issue. And it saved you the expense of trying a new intake.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Actually 1/2" Happy I didn't have to spend extra money for a JLT. I'm undecided if I will eventually. My tuner said keep the setup I have.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1/2". Nice! Even nicer to have a good friend like that. Yes, definitely always listen to your tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread