Ported Blower and Spray

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Who is running this combo? Good or bad idea? What kind of numbers are you guys seeing. Reliability?

Brad

Banned
URDONE said:
How safe is running a 100 shot with a ported blower on the motor?

pretty safe if you've got the fuel and tuning for it, it's all in the tune. I'm on a ported blower and run a dry 35 shot before the maf and I'm fine. Although a wet kit would prob make a little more sense running that big a shot.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It's a great idea.... As long as you have a good tune and all the supporting mods, you can make alot of power that way.

Evil_SVT

Established Member
Brad said:
pretty safe if you've got the fuel and tuning for it, it's all in the tune. I'm on a ported blower and run a dry 35 shot before the maf and I'm fine. Although a wet kit would prob make a little more sense running that big a shot.
what are your numbers with before and after the shot?

Brad

Banned
02GTKB said:
what are your numbers with before and after the shot?

No idea as to N20 power, I make 532 off the bottle, I've only hit the nitrous a few times and even the 35 shot makes a huge difference. I've got a wideband o2 it goes lean to 12.4 for a split second before dropping well into the 11's I need some bigger injectors and a tune on the flip chip specific to my shot, then I'll step it up to a 50... I'd assume the 35 shot puts me in the 600's though.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
So this route is relatively safe with a good tune and fuel setup? I would be interested to see what kind of numbers are being seen.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
sambandit said:
It's a great idea.... As long as you have a good tune and all the supporting mods, you can make alot of power that way.

It's an even better idea to use the best tuner :rockon:

I just got my blower ported and will hopefully have numbers on the 185 shot (same as I have now) but it's progressive (should make a lot less tq, and equal hp, safer over all, will eventually up the shot).

I can't even begin to count how many bottles I have had through my car, and although it's with an UNported eaton, it still shows the reliability of the motor :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread