Porsche VS GT 500

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
It was a crisp November morning last year and I was cruising the Mexican countryside enjoying my newly modded GT500. In my rear view mirror I notice a brown spot getting closer and closer. The brown spot materialized into a brown Porsche Turbo closing the gap quickly. I estimate it was doing over 100mph as he caught up to me and then matched my speed of 60mph. The thirtyfive-ish year old driver looked over with a huge grin and held up three fingers and pointed at me.

I nodded and slowed to 45mph and he followed. I honked once twice three times and it was on. This was the first real test of my Whipple GT500 and it performed flawlessly whining its song of power while the exhaust joined in a rumbling accompaniment. The American muscle car quickly jumped ahead of the German marvel of engineering.

50-60-70-80-90-100-110-120-130-140-150 appeared on the speedometer in quick succession as 4-5 lengths or more opened between the vehicles and the point was made. I felt no urgency to desperately slam the gears but rather calmly and deliberately shifted as the Shelby widened the gap. After reaching my maximum velocity I slowed down and the Whipple once again fell silent, its strong work completed for now.

The Porsche driver came up beside me with a look of disbelief on his face. His look told his thoughts..."How could this be ? This isn't possible. It must be a mistake. I shall try again." His grin now replaced with a look of worried determination he holds up 3 fingers again and this time pointed to himself. I returned a knowing nod. Speeds were matched at 45mph honk honk honk! And we were off and the Whipple again begins to sing as it went about its work. American and German engineering were again tested. The results were similar. After the Whipple fell silent for the second time the German car came up beside the American muscle and with a perplexed look the Porsche driver gave a good sportsman's thumbs up knowing there had been no mistake. I returned the gesture of good will with a huge grin on my face knowing the new mods were hard earned money well spent.

Catfood

Established Member
What year turbo was it? The new turbo S with a PDK transmission can run 10's out of the box, but if it was an older 997 the results sound correct.

Good kill two powerful adversaries duking it out

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
What year turbo was it? The new turbo S with a PDK transmission can run 10's out of the box, but if it was an older 997 the results sound correct.

Good kill two powerful adversaries duking it out

Not sure. It looked new but I really don't know my Porsche all that well.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice kill but who has a brown Porsche?

Almo

Established Member
Most likely a 2008 Macadamia Metallic 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe. If flash and couple mods were done then the car is around 500 to 550 to the wheels, give or take some of course.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Great writing and great race. I'd say he probably had some parts on it, but speedshifting does doe alot as well so its hard to say. Do the new 997 s' run high tens? I ran one on the freeway and i'd say if they are its gotta be the launch cause their quick but at best i'd say mid 11 second speed, like maybe 125-128 mph. ( i know drag cars on slicks can run 10's at 115 but i'm talking street cars with street tires)

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Nice kill but who has a brown Porsche?

Someone with good taste.

2354553-640.jpg

Looks like a deliciously dark Mineral Gray.

Users who are viewing this thread